Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 16:9.net's Lever-Operated Nikkor G to EOS adapter  (Read 3477 times)

achrisproduction

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 117
16:9.net's Lever-Operated Nikkor G to EOS adapter
« on: June 02, 2009, 08:51:08 PM »

anyone tried it?
Logged

marcmccalmont

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1771
16:9.net's Lever-Operated Nikkor G to EOS adapter
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 02:53:40 AM »

Yes and I love it!!!!! I tried the rotating adapter first and the lever adapter is much better, just used it today, Nikkor 14-24/Canon 5DII
Marc
[attachment=14254:IMG_2987...eat_room.jpg]
Logged
Marc McCalmont

achrisproduction

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 117
16:9.net's Lever-Operated Nikkor G to EOS adapter
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 10:56:06 PM »

Quote from: marcmccalmont
Yes and I love it!!!!! I tried the rotating adapter first and the lever adapter is much better, just used it today, Nikkor 14-24/Canon 5DII
Marc
[attachment=14254:IMG_2987...eat_room.jpg]
hi thanks for replying.  Could you show me more pics please and is the metering accurate and AF confirmation accurate?  
Logged

marcmccalmont

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1771
16:9.net's Lever-Operated Nikkor G to EOS adapter
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 03:12:40 AM »

Quote from: achrisproduction
hi thanks for replying.  Could you show me more pics please and is the metering accurate and AF confirmation accurate?  

Both metering and AF confirmation seem to be accurate, I tend to use this lens on a tripod in manual mode so I focus using liveview and ETTR with the histogram, I'll post more pics when I'm on my other computer
Marc
Logged
Marc McCalmont

Chris Pollock

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 206
16:9.net's Lever-Operated Nikkor G to EOS adapter
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 07:31:01 AM »

I ordered one a few days ago, so that I can use the Nikon 14-24. I expect it will be a long wait, but it should be worth it if I get it eventually.
Logged

davewolfs

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 99
16:9.net's Lever-Operated Nikkor G to EOS adapter
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 09:28:16 AM »

Quote from: Chris Pollock
I ordered one a few days ago, so that I can use the Nikon 14-24. I expect it will be a long wait, but it should be worth it if I get it eventually.

Does metering work with this adapter and the 5D Mark II?  How easy is it to switch lenses with the lever version?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 09:29:04 AM by davewolfs »
Logged

marcmccalmont

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1771
16:9.net's Lever-Operated Nikkor G to EOS adapter
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 07:33:13 AM »

Quote from: davewolfs
Does metering work with this adapter and the 5D Mark II?  How easy is it to switch lenses with the lever version?

Exposure metering and focus confirmation work. I tend to use it in manual mode but aperture priority works also. Most of my use with this lens is on a tripod so liveview (exposure simulation) works well. I manually focus using liveview, adjust shutter speed and shoot. The adapter does not use a set screw so changing it out  is straight forward.
Marc
Logged
Marc McCalmont

davewolfs

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 99
16:9.net's Lever-Operated Nikkor G to EOS adapter
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 10:19:05 AM »

Quote from: marcmccalmont
Exposure metering and focus confirmation work. I tend to use it in manual mode but aperture priority works also. Most of my use with this lens is on a tripod so liveview (exposure simulation) works well. I manually focus using liveview, adjust shutter speed and shoot. The adapter does not use a set screw so changing it out  is straight forward.
Marc

In order for the exposure to work, does the chip need to be installed on the adapter, I know that there are two options with and without chip (For AF confirmation).  Will exposure work without the chip?
Logged

marcmccalmont

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1771
16:9.net's Lever-Operated Nikkor G to EOS adapter
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 05:05:07 PM »

Quote from: davewolfs
In order for the exposure to work, does the chip need to be installed on the adapter, I know that there are two options with and without chip (For AF confirmation).  Will exposure work without the chip?
My understanding is the chip is required for focus confirmation only not exposure metering
Marc
Logged
Marc McCalmont

Chris Pollock

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 206
16:9.net's Lever-Operated Nikkor G to EOS adapter
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 07:36:39 AM »

Quote from: marcmccalmont
Yes and I love it!!!!! I tried the rotating adapter first and the lever adapter is much better, just used it today, Nikkor 14-24/Canon 5DII
Marc
[attachment=14254:IMG_2987...eat_room.jpg]
How long did you have to wait for it to arrive?
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up