Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunsets & Landscapes in Tobermory, Ontario  (Read 2471 times)

SteveZ

Sunsets & Landscapes in Tobermory, Ontario
« on: June 01, 2009, 05:10:11 pm »

I'm planning a trip up there later this June, just wondering about the photo opportunities this place has to offer.
Has any anyone ever photographed there?

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 12:51:18 am »

I've been to Cape Croker, which is at the south end of the Bruce Peninsula.  Basically you're on the tip of the Niagara escarpment, so there's lots to see there - birds, cliffs, Georgian Bay...  There's a remnant black bear population on the peninsula, but standard precautions are fine.  You'd have to be VERY lucky to see a Massassauga rattlesnake - they're endangered and protected.  There's a fair bit of poison ivy in the area, though so watch for that.  And if you can get away from Tobermory on a clear night you'll find you're far enough from any major city to have an amazing sky.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

• http://www.billcaulfeild-browne.com
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 10:38:19 pm »

Quote from: SteveZ
I'm planning a trip up there later this June, just wondering about the photo opportunities this place has to offer.
Has any anyone ever photographed there?

I live in Tobermory and there's a lifetime of photography here! Two National Parks, unusual topography, rare orchids, etc etc. And I can probably find you a Massasauga Rattler!

Feel free to give me a call at 519 596 2942.

Bill

Philmar

• Office drone by day - Photoenthusiast on weekends
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/phil_marion/albums
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 03:08:06 pm »

a trip out to Flowerpot Island is rewarding. There's plenty to photograph there - huge pebble beaches (perfectly rounded stones) on one side of the pensinsula and fine grain sandy beaches on the west side. Sunset and sunrise oportunities. (it's a narrow pensisula). Lovely forest trails, clean lakes, and dramatic cliffs surrounded by blue lake. Was there several times but all were with a film camera, so no examples for you...
Pages: [1]   Go Up