Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9900 setting for Fine Art Baryta  (Read 1792 times)

vjbelle

Epson 9900 setting for Fine Art Baryta
« on: June 01, 2009, 12:47:28 pm »

What are the best settings for handling Hahnemule Fine Art Baryta?  I have only had one very slight head strike so far but this paper is so expensive that I would like to eliminate having to make multiple prints.  I have also used Fine Art Pearl which is much more printer friendly but is priced like its made out of gold.  

Thanks for any response...

mikev1

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 12:56:50 am »

Quote from: vjbelle
What are the best settings for handling Hahnemule Fine Art Baryta?  I have only had one very slight head strike so far but this paper is so expensive that I would like to eliminate having to make multiple prints.  I have also used Fine Art Pearl which is much more printer friendly but is priced like its made out of gold.  

Thanks for any response...

Did you change the platen gap?  I believe I set mine on wider without incident.  Plus you should increase the suction.  Also, are you using sheets or rolls?  I find Hahnemuhle sheets have a lot of curl and need to be worked over a bit to flatten them out or else they might jam up when trying to load.  They can be a real pain sometimes.  I've had better luck with the rolls.

vjbelle

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 11:09:04 am »

Quote from: mikev1
Did you change the platen gap?  I believe I set mine on wider without incident.  Plus you should increase the suction.  Also, are you using sheets or rolls?  I find Hahnemuhle sheets have a lot of curl and need to be worked over a bit to flatten them out or else they might jam up when trying to load.  They can be a real pain sometimes.  I've had better luck with the rolls.
I'll set the platen gap to wide.  I'm also going to call Epson to find out what the suction numbers mean as compared to 'Standard'.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:09:31 am by vjbelle »
Pages: [1]   Go Up