Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW Leaf Software available  (Read 7937 times)

Fotogman

NEW Leaf Software available
« on: May 31, 2009, 06:16:21 pm »

I just went to the Leaf website, and they have new software available for their NEW Aptus II-10 and AFi II-10 systems.

Fotogman

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 10:46:21 am »

Quote from: John-S
LC 11.2.4 has been out for a little while now.

Leaf Capture 11.2.7 was been released for the Aptus II-10 and the AFi II-10.

Peartree

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 10:46:40 am »

Quote from: John-S
LC 11.2.4 has been out for a little while now.

Leaf have released today (1st June 2009) version 11.2.7 for the AFi II 10 and the Aptus II 10 plus additional support for raw file formats in OS 10.5.7.

http://www.leaf-photography.com/support/downloads

Carsten W

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 11:02:43 am »

Quote from: Peartree
Leaf have released today (1st June 2009) version 11.2.7 for the AFi II 10 and the Aptus II 10 plus additional support for raw file formats in OS 10.5.7.

http://www.leaf-photography.com/support/downloads

Peartree, is there anything at all that you can say about Leaf's state to stop all the Leaf owners from jumping off cliffs?
Carsten W - [url=http://500px.com/Carste

Peartree

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 03:55:11 am »

Quote from: carstenw
Peartree, is there anything at all that you can say about Leaf's state to stop all the Leaf owners from jumping off cliffs?

Don't Do It!!!

All I can say is, we at Peartree in the UK are continuing to supply and be supplied from Leaf, both the Aptus II and AFi II product lines. I would suppose that Kodak, as a public company would not comment on conjecture and speculation and probably have instructed their employees to do the same. Remember, supporting professional photographers for the guys at Leaf, isn't just a job, it's a vocation.

Keep the faith!

Andy

Carsten W

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 06:02:37 am »

All I can say is, we at Peartree in the UK are continuing to supply and be supplied from Leaf, both the Aptus II and AFi II product lines. I would suppose that Kodak, as a public company would not comment on conjecture and speculation and probably have instructed their employees to do the same. Remember, supporting professional photographers for the guys at Leaf, isn't just a job, it's a vocation.

Thanks for the comment. However, I suppose it is not unfair to ask for a clarification to whether or not Kodak's closure of certain pro digital projects includes Leaf or not???

evgeny

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 07:41:28 am »

Keep the faith!

Sounds as future of the Leaf is rest assured.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 07:45:34 am by evgeny »

Terence h

• Terence Hogben Photography
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 09:11:50 am »

I do not know about Leafs future being assured ,with no official comment from Leaf management and Kodak's track record ?

The software upgrades could have been done some time ago and all the stock available could be inventory that needs to be sold
off.

I suppose all we can do is wait some more.

Terence
Terence Hogben. Durban. South Africa. ht

BJL

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 11:27:37 am »

... Kodak's closure of certain pro digital projects ...
The news is that Kodak ISRAEL has closed its small (50 person?) pro digital division; that is not the same as Kodak overall having ended its pro digital division, since it is more likely that Kodak has simply relocated/consolidated that activity.

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 11:43:07 am »

Quote from: BJL
The news is that Kodak ISRAEL has closed its small (50 person?) pro digital division; that is not the same as Kodak overall having ended its pro digital division, since it is more likely that Kodak has simply relocated/consolidated that activity.

No chance Kodak would halt development of a professional product like Leaf and leave their customers with nowhere to go, most likely they might shift the production to alongside the SLR/n.

Kevin.
Kevin.

BJL

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 02:09:48 pm »

Quote from: KevinA
... most likely they might shift the production to alongside the SLR/n.
Very funny. If you think that Kodak is no longer involved in the pro digital sector, you have overlooked its production of sensors for various digital medium format backs (though not for the Leaf ones!) and its Canadian based CREO division, whose assets Kodak was after when it incidentally acquired Leaf.

pixjohn

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 03:24:00 pm »

At this time its simple math.

All the tech assembling Leaf backs               FIRED
All the Tech producing the Leaf Software      FIRED
All the marketing                                       FIRED

= It sounds like Kodak is done with Leaf and trying to sell it off?

i am not sure how Leaf America is set up? When you call Leaf America you get the Mac Group?

Carsten W

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 04:21:58 pm »

Very funny. If you think that Kodak is no longer involved in the pro digital sector, you have overlooked its production of sensors for various digital medium format backs

Yes, Phase One and Hasselblad. Phase One's most recent two backs use Dalsa sensors... Significant?

BJL

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 05:00:51 pm »

Quote from: pixjohn
All the tech assembling Leaf backs               FIRED
All the Tech producing the Leaf Software      FIRED
All the marketing                                       FIRED
People were fired by Kodak Israel, which is consistent with operations like assembly and software development being moved to another country.

BJL

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 05:04:18 pm »

Yes, Phase One and Hasselblad. Phase One's most recent two backs use Dalsa sensors... Significant?
But Hasselblad still uses lots of Kodak MF sensors, including the 50MP one in its most recent back.

Are you seriously suggesting that news of the shut-down of a 50 person operation in Israel is evidence that Kodak's US-based sensor operation is being shut down?

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 05:58:26 pm »

Hi
Kodak CCD sensors are Made In The USA.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/article_print...0902Kodaksensor
Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

Carsten W

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 02:13:11 am »

But Hasselblad still uses lots of Kodak MF sensors, including the 50MP one in its most recent back.

Are you seriously suggesting that news of the shut-down of a 50 person operation in Israel is evidence that Kodak's US-based sensor operation is being shut down?

At this time I am avoiding making any conclusions at all. There is too little information. You have to wonder what it means when a long-time Kodak customer switches to Dalsa though.

ThierryH

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 03:59:13 am »

Carsten,

It is meaning nothing else but that a manufacturer buys/gets the sensor which he needs (technically speaking), at the time he needs it and at the costs he gets/can afford/needs it from THIS sensor manufacturer who can produce it.

Best regards,
Thierry

At this time I am avoiding making any conclusions at all. There is too little information. You have to wonder what it means when a long-time Kodak customer switches to Dalsa though.

Carsten W

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 04:17:54 am »

Quote from: ThierryH
Carsten,

It is meaning nothing else but that a manufacturer buys/gets the sensor which he needs (technically speaking), at the time he needs it and at the costs he gets/can afford/needs it from THIS sensor manufacturer who can produce it.

This makes sense in the general case, but as far as I am aware, Phase has *always* bought Kodak sensors, until the P65+ and P40+. I find it difficult to believe that now being the first time that Dalsa sensors have made more price/performance sense than Kodak is a coincidence. There are many possible theories about why this might be, of course, including coincidence. Another would be that Kodak has not been advancing as fast as Dalsa recently, due to R&D cutbacks. There are others too. I just wish we had more information.

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 04:37:22 am »

This makes sense in the general case, but as far as I am aware, Phase has *always* bought Kodak sensors, until the P65+ and P40+. I find it difficult to believe that now being the first time that Dalsa sensors have made more price/performance sense than Kodak is a coincidence. There are many possible theories about why this might be, of course, including coincidence. Another would be that Kodak has not been advancing as fast as Dalsa recently, due to R&D cutbacks. There are others too. I just wish we had more information.
Hi
From what I heard is that Phase went to Kodak & asked for a newer sensor design with sensor plus. Kodak said no so they asked Dalsa & the rest is history ( 65+ & 40+). Also Phase did use the Phillips chip about 10 years ago.
http://www.epi-centre.com/reports/9902cs.html

Dalsa bought Phillips. With Leaf as far as I can remember they have always used the Dalsa CCD sensor & Phillips in the past. Except for the Valeo 6 which used a CMOS 24x36 chip which was not Dalsa. Sinar uses both the Kodak & Dalsa chip.( depends on the model)
Denis
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 04:39:20 am by mcfoto »
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up