Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent or Non Recent Professional Works  (Read 248516 times)

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
Recent or Non Recent Professional Works
« on: May 31, 2009, 02:00:51 pm »

Since this section is the one of the few on this forum that doesn't have restrictions, bring on your best, recent/non recent, or experimental work.

(Try to keep cat pictures, camera comparisons and sales messages to a minimum).  

So let's see those Holgas, 5d's, 8x10 Deardorffs, glass plates, Hasselblads, Reds, High Def or Low def video, or Terry Richardson point and shoots and show something interesting.

No cops, no rules, no negativity.

I'll start it off

[attachment=14163:russellr...itorial2.jpg]

1ds3, 400 iso I think F2 something, available light with flex fill.

[attachment=14164:russellr...itorial1.jpg]

1ds 3, 800 iso, 1/2oth of a second F 2 point something, room light and one bounce 1k tungsten Frensel.

JR

haefnerphoto

• http://www.jameshaefner.com
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 02:46:25 pm »

James, I think this is a great idea!  Perhaps it's worthy of it's own category.  Michael, what do you think?  Here's a couple of recent images, the cars are for a poster I'm producing (still a work in progress)  and the building I shot Thursday.  Jim

[attachment=14165:bkg_1_00...ust_dc14.jpg]
[attachment=14166:ext_1_007_dc1.jpg]

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 03:27:21 pm »

5D f/10 or so

rcdurston

• http://www.durstonphoto.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 05:31:56 pm »

Not that I'm feeling ignored but just getting tired of the "format matters" forums.
I've been shooting for coming up on 30 years. I don't need a pat on the back, I just wanted to show others some of my simple yet meaningful images, that are also professional (meaning I got paid for them and they are not a test or sitting on my wall in my office, not directed at your initial post James).
Here they are
[attachment=14173:bt1.jpg]
[attachment=14174:bt2.jpg]
[attachment=14175:bt3.jpg]
They were for British Telecom series on testimonials. They were reproduced as 48 and 96 sheet billboards (2:1, 4:1).
James, love what you are doing with available light, looks great.

Jim, who was the client for the car shot you posted? I used to have a Galaxie 500 but mine was a '64.

thanks for starting a new thread

r
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 05:33:50 pm by rcdurston »

haefnerphoto

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 07:00:15 pm »

rc, I like those images alot!  Being a car guy I'd have kept the white car a little darker but that's of little matter, nice work.  The poster is something I'm producing in hopes of selling to the sizeable summer cruise market here in the Detroit area.  The center car is a 61 Galaxie Starliner which when I find the time to image I'll post some details I shot of it.  By the way, the Oceans Apart work is beautiful.  I'm very familiar with the Salton Sea having shot a number of projects in that area.  Did you ever stay at the Casa del Zorro in Berrago Springs?  Jim
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 07:04:56 pm by haefnerphoto »

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 07:08:49 pm »

How about some Japanese landscape for a change?

Cheers,
Bernard

rcdurston

• http://www.durstonphoto.com/
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 07:36:40 pm »

Quote from: haefnerphoto
rc, I like those images alot!  Being a car guy I'd have kept the white car a little darker but that's of little matter, nice work.  The poster is something I'm producing in hopes of selling to the sizeable summer cruise market here in the Detroit area.  The center car is a 61 Galaxie Starliner which when I find the time to image I'll post some details I shot of it.  By the way, the Oceans Apart work is beautiful.  I'm very familiar with the Salton Sea having shot a number of projects in that area.  Did you ever stay at the Casa del Zorro in Berrago Springs?  Jim
Hey Jim
Does that Galaxie really have a SOHC in it? Really?
I used to stay in ElCentro (No Country for Old Men country). I usually go for the dive places more than anything. I did my time in Salton, covering off most angles I could think of. I still have one up my sleeve that could be really interesting but I need to get back this winter to shoot it.
Whats Casa del Zorro like?

r
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 07:38:20 pm by rcdurston »

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 07:37:35 pm »

Quote from: BernardLanguillier
250 megapixel panorama from D3x/Zeiss ZF100mm f2.0, shot 10 days ago in the Japanese Northern Alps after a 10 hours, 5000 feet vertical trek that left me with just enough energy left to assemble my pano head take a few shots and go to bed.  

Cheers,
Bernard

I dig what everyone has shown so far

I also like that Berard and RC and Jim gave a small back story

This is a good place to talk/show photography without the pixel comparisons or brand agenda, just a place where we can show images we like, or at least like at the moment.

It will probably take a while for it to build momentum as old habits are hard to break, but regardless it can be a free zone for photography.

thanks everyone

JR

wollom

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 07:58:24 pm »

Quote from: James R Russell
Since this section is the one of the few on this forum that doesn't have restrictions, bring on your best, recent/non recent, or experimental work.

1ds 3, 800 iso, 1/2oth of a second F 2 point something, room light and one bounce 1k tungsten Frensel.

Thanks for adding the camera and lighting stuff.  For me it's not about "JR used Canikon" or whatever.  It's, OK he's shooting high ISO, widish aperture, and slow shutter, not complex lighting, and it's working pretty well.   Food for thought.

Wollom

cyberean

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 08:16:02 pm »

« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 03:16:53 pm by cyberean »

arashm

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 08:59:12 pm »

James
thank you for putting this thread up, I've been keeping out of the MF one as well I shoot mosltly DSLR
so to keep it fun and easy on the eyes, here's 3 images from a look book for swimwear client.
1Ds3 with 50f1.2
profoto acute
am

Snook

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 09:39:23 pm »

Quote from: klane
5D f/10 or so

Nice Shot Klane, Was that ring flash for fill?
Like the contrast of her nice white skin and hair.
Snook

PLLove

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 09:48:24 pm »

Quote from: arashm
James
thank you for putting this thread up, I've been keeping out of the MF one as well I shoot mosltly DSLR
so to keep it fun and easy on the eyes, here's 3 images from a look book for swimwear client.
1Ds3 with 50f1.2
profoto acute
am

Very Nice!!

haefnerphoto

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 10:17:01 pm »

Quote from: rcdurston
Hey Jim
Does that Galaxie really have a SOHC in it? Really?
I used to stay in ElCentro (No Country for Old Men country). I usually go for the dive places more than anything. I did my time in Salton, covering off most angles I could think of. I still have one up my sleeve that could be really interesting but I need to get back this winter to shoot it.
Whats Casa del Zorro like?

r

The car is a legendary street racer from the 60's (as are the other two) and yes, it has a SOHC.  The vehicles came to me after an exhibit at the Automotive Hall of Fame (next to the Henry Ford Museum), the owners and I are producing the piece.  Something to keep my mind off the local bankrupties!  I've been to El Centro and my story about that place is that it's about 15 miles from Brawley (the closest neighboring town) and no one in El Centro I asked had ever been to Brawley, pretty weird!  Anyways, if you go to the Casa del Zorro stay in the grand piano suite and have dinner at their restaurant but don't forget your dinner jacket, no jacket, no service!  Of course, you can always eat at the bar.  I miss those extended location shoots, I got to see so much of the country.  Attached is something I shot of the Salton Sea when I was still an assistant (1978) with Kodachrome.  Jim

[attachment=14187:salton_sea_1978.jpg]
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 10:18:29 pm by haefnerphoto »

Frank Doorhof

• http://
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 03:44:09 am »

Some 5D MKII shots.

christoph duepper

• http://www.christophduepper.com
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 04:39:56 am »

Canons, Broncolor and ambient light.
All Shots taken in the Swiss Alps.

sanjaynarayan

• http://www.sanjaynarayan.com
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 05:48:25 am »

canon/elinchrom

[attachment=14202:r1.jpg]          [attachment=14203:r2.jpg]        [attachment=14205:r3.jpg]  

sn

John Collins

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 06:12:17 am »

An image of the then yet-to-be-opened Nautica store in NYC for Unilever Prestige. [attachment=14207:nautica.jpg]

achrisproduction

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 06:19:53 am »

Morelondon, London.  Taken with Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III and TS-E 24 f/3.5L

bart alexander

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 06:23:03 am »

Quote from: James R Russell

JR

Wow James,

I would have sworn the first shot was done with the Phase, because of the depth of the picture and the texture in the windows behind her. "Feels" like no anti aliasing filter was there between you and the model. The detail of the clothes and the beautiful colors are amazing. Outstanding post processing. Guess the 50 mm 1.2 was involved here, since the image quality at F2 is unbelieveable. Available light and a reflector: Man this is what photography is about! Well done! Beautiful shot. One of the best I've seen lately.

Kind regards,
Bart
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18   Go Up