Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New growth at the Badlands of Caledon  (Read 1569 times)

John R

New growth at the Badlands of Caledon
« on: May 30, 2009, 12:42:34 am »

Nothing special, but here is a cross section of images recently taken depicting growth in the local harsh environment of the Caledon Badlands. Not really true Badlands, just a local area that lost its vegetation and exposed the underlying clay soil. It is now protected. And the emphasis is on new growth.

JMR

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 01:48:32 am »

Haven't been there in years and years... but I'm glad the area is getting some roots that will help to stabilize the soil structure.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

John R

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 05:40:16 pm »

Quote from: wolfnowl
Haven't been there in years and years... but I'm glad the area is getting some roots that will help to stabilize the soil structure.

Mike.
Thanks for the comments Mike. It is now part of the Caledon side trail and protected. It is quite a sight for most people, who are somewhat taken aback because they never expect to see anything so unusal so close to the city.

JMR

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 05:52:41 pm »

For the couple of acres that were the "bad" lands, I'm disappointed.  There won't be anything photogenic once it re-grows, and, perhaps more important, the illustrative lesson will be lost.   Or perhaps even the wrong lesson will be reinforced:  "Don't  worry about the damage today, it will fix itself over time."
Pages: [1]   Go Up