Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Passing Thru  (Read 5113 times)

DarkPenguin

Passing Thru
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 11:00:16 am »

Quote from: stamper
I will try and help you with your "parsing" Post 2 alluded to the wombat still having a job? Should he have his employment taken from him? This smacks of a banning of him and his works? On the other hand my remarks were a generalisation of images being posted and someone objecting to them because of the content. The tone of earlier posts was - imo - this type of image shouldn't have been posted here? That was what I took from the thread. Taking things too literal and picking out one word does you no favours? Try and see what the overall meaning of the post was.

See Eric's post.  I find your question mark usage odd.

stamper

Passing Thru
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 04:17:42 am »

Quote from: Eric Myrvaagnes
Stamper, 

I think you may need some help parsing that post. It obviously referred not to any photographer but to the individual on the White House staff who authorized the use of Air Force One (the U.S. President's plane) in a close fly-by of Manhattan, with jet fighters accompanying it for the purpose of getting some nice publicity footage of Air Force One against the Manhattan skyline. The incident understandably caused wide-spread panic, and local police had not been notified of the mission before it happened.

The "wombat" who authorized that bizarre mission lost his job. I think such "works" as causing panic in a major city without notifying the authorities or residents beforehand are ones that deserve to be banned. It's a far cry from photographing a commercial flight on a regular route that happens to be passing by a tall building (and not very close to it).

Eric

That wasn't explained in the original post and no link was given as to an explanation. I am not a resident of the USA therefore I didn't read about the "wombat". I made a reply based on the information posted in the post. I looked at the image as being just that.... an image. I made a judgement on it being an image and not someone else's political views. I then posted remarks about not banning images unless they were obscene. You and others are seeing the image as something different from me? The "wombat" comment was - imo - out of context with it being an image posted for a critique. I think the original comments need more parsing?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 06:02:07 am by stamper »

DarkPenguin

Passing Thru
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 11:15:23 am »

Hi Stamper,

I definitely see how you could have easily misinterpreted that first comment.  Not the sort of event that would make the news outside of the US.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up