Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X-Serve RAID, 14x500GB, for Trade  (Read 2030 times)

antonyoung

X-Serve RAID, 14x500GB, for Trade
« on: May 28, 2009, 01:53:42 pm »

I would like to trade this, but if you want to pay cash then send me an offer. What I have is an Apple X-Serve RAID, configured with 14x500GB hard drives, an Apple PCI-E Fibre Channel card, two 10 meter Fibre Optic cables, and 4 Fibre Optic transceivers. Everything you need to get up and running with some fast storage. I'm interested in trading for:

Mamiya AFD 28mm, 120mm D, 150mm D, 75-150mm D
Canon 24mm II, 24mm TS-E, 45mm TS-E, 50mm 1.2, 85mm 1.5 II
Contax 645 Zoom
Linhof 679cs
Cambo Wide DS
Alpa Max or XY
Profoto lighting

Can add or accept cash to even out trades. The RAID is a heavy beast (like 100 pounds), so I will not do any international shipping on it. You can pick it up in NYC, I can deliver within a 2 hour radius or so, or you can pay for the domestic shipping on it.

antonyoung

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 08:52:28 pm »

Quote from: antonyoung
I would like to trade this, but if you want to pay cash then send me an offer. What I have is an Apple X-Serve RAID, configured with 14x500GB hard drives, an Apple PCI-E Fibre Channel card, two 10 meter Fibre Optic cables, and 4 Fibre Optic transceivers. Everything you need to get up and running with some fast storage. I'm interested in trading for:

Mamiya AFD 28mm, 120mm D, 150mm D, 75-150mm D
Canon 24mm II, 24mm TS-E, 45mm TS-E, 50mm 1.2, 85mm 1.5 II
Contax 645 Zoom
Linhof 679cs
Cambo Wide DS
Alpa Max or XY
Profoto lighting

Can add or accept cash to even out trades. The RAID is a heavy beast (like 100 pounds), so I will not do any international shipping on it. You can pick it up in NYC, I can deliver within a 2 hour radius or so, or you can pay for the domestic shipping on it.

There seems to be some confusion as to what an xserve RAID is. It is not an xserve server, it is a disk array which can be hooked up to an xserve server, a MacPro tower, or used on other platforms with fibre channel connections. Documents are here in several languages: Apple X-Serve RAID tech specs.

Also, as I stated in my post and in its title, I would like a trade. If you want to buy it outright, make me an offer. Please don't email me and ask me what I want for it, I paid about $8K for it, back when they were $13K new and that was a good deal. I've gotten good use out of it but have now outgrown it. If you want to know what I'd like for it, I'd like my eight grand back, but it's not worth that any more. So instead I'd like to find someone with one or more of the items I'm looking for who's in a similar situation and do a swap.

antonyoung

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 03:26:54 pm »

Trade concluded, thanks for your interest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up