Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4800 profiles  (Read 1380 times)

shootergrl

4800 profiles
« on: May 28, 2009, 01:10:27 pm »

I bought a used 4800 recently.  Have cleaned it thoroughly and all seems well.  Problem is, when I print, the prints come out with a decidedly pink cast.  I purchased individual profiles for my 2400 which worked well for it because I couldn't get the Epson profiles to look anything but muddy.  Same problem with the 4800 (using the 2400 profiles when I get the pink cast).  I turn off color management in the print dialogue box and am using Adobe 1998 in Photoshop CS.  I don't have a RIP and am still learning the ins and outs of printing.  Should I just purchase individual profiles again?  Why does everyone say Epson profiles work so well when I've had absolutely no luck with them whatsoever?  What am I missing?

KeithR

4800 profiles
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 05:23:19 pm »

Quote from: shootergrl
I bought a used 4800 recently.  Have cleaned it thoroughly and all seems well.  Problem is, when I print, the prints come out with a decidedly pink cast.  I purchased individual profiles for my 2400 which worked well for it because I couldn't get the Epson profiles to look anything but muddy.  Same problem with the 4800 (using the 2400 profiles when I get the pink cast).  I turn off color management in the print dialogue box and am using Adobe 1998 in Photoshop CS.  I don't have a RIP and am still learning the ins and outs of printing.  Should I just purchase individual profiles again?  Why does everyone say Epson profiles work so well when I've had absolutely no luck with them whatsoever?  What am I missing?
What paper are you using? The Epson profiles are designed for Epson papers. I don't believe that the profiles for your 2400 will be the same for the 4800. What media settings are you using?
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience
Pages: [1]   Go Up