Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Locations near Portland, ME?  (Read 2165 times)

tmusante

• http://www.tommusante.com
Locations near Portland, ME?
« on: May 28, 2009, 11:12:40 am »

I'll be in Portland this weekend and would be interested in suggestions for sunrise/sunset.

Thanks

Tom

masl

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 01:29:10 pm »

Quote from: tmusante
I'll be in Portland this weekend and would be interested in suggestions for sunrise/sunset.

Thanks

Tom
Awaiting true Maine-iacs to respond: what I'd do is head up 95 getting off at Ogunquit and drive up 1A as far as you can...numerous coastal viewpoints.  If you have much more time alotted, go farther north - Acadia is about a 4 hr haul from Portsmouth, Boothbay about 2... there are lighthouses and nice little coves.  One word of warning if you haven't spent time "down east" - Carefully plan routes out to pennisulas as they are long and slow- be sure you have picked an accessible destination like a state park or fishing port where you can actually park and walk around.

-Mark
[font="Verdana"][/font]Too much gear and

framah

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 05:33:58 pm »

Well... you could go to Freeport and photograph the tourists going into LL Beans at sunrise and sunset!! They are open 24/7.  

...orrrr... you could head up the coast a bit and try for the Damariscotta/ Pemiquid Point area. That area is really  nice.

Personally, I think Portland is too crowded an area but it is all relative.

Any place along the coast on a small back road will give you some nice stuff.

If possible, buy the  DeLorme Gazateer map book of Maine and it will give you every road you could want.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

tmusante

• http://www.tommusante.com
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 09:38:11 pm »

Thanks All! had a great weekend - ended up doing more scouting for the next trip than actual shooting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up