Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Couple from the Park  (Read 1824 times)

MR.FEESH

• http://
A Couple from the Park
« on: May 27, 2009, 07:58:38 pm »

CRAZY BUG (I know it's out of focus)-- anyone name him/her?

---

Like any/hate any?
Suggestions?

Elby
Sigma SD14 w/ PG-21
Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC EX Macro
Sigma 70mm F2.8 DG EX Macro

dalethorn

A Couple from the Park
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 09:52:16 pm »

On #1, is there a way you can bring up the shadows to show the dog's eyes?

On #4 and 5, it looks like some of the natural green in the images is bleeding into other areas - bleeding may be a totally incorrect term - maybe it's just a natural reflection of one color's light scattering around, don't really know.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
A Couple from the Park
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 01:38:37 am »

Your 'bug' is actually a type of wasp.  She uses her long ovipositor (that stinger thing on the back) to lay eggs in insect larvae buried in decaying wood and places like that.  The wasp eggs hatch out and eat the larvae for breakfast.

Amazing diversity we have on this little blue marble...

Mike.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 01:38:57 am by wolfnowl »
If your mind is attuned t

MR.FEESH

A Couple from the Park
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 06:33:28 am »

Quote from: dalethorn
On #1, is there a way you can bring up the shadows to show the dog's eyes?

On #4 and 5, it looks like some of the natural green in the images is bleeding into other areas - bleeding may be a totally incorrect term - maybe it's just a natural reflection of one color's light scattering around, don't really know.

I agree about the dog.  Unfortunately the sun was behind him, so I might have to do some heavy editing, but as you pointed out, it's worth a shot.

As for 4/5, I think it may be that the shots were taken under a 'canopy' on a sunny day-- almost all the ambient light in both of the snaps had a green tint to my eye, as well as on the camera.  Perhaps I'll play with the 'tint' in LR and see if I can't get less bleeding.

Quote from: wolfnowl
Your 'bug' is actually a type of wasp.  She uses her long ovipositor (that stinger thing on the back) to lay eggs in insect larvae buried in decaying wood and places like that.  The wasp eggs hatch out and eat the larvae for breakfast.

Amazing diversity we have on this little blue marble...

Mike.

You know, I did this series while walking around with a friend of mine.  After getting the wasp pictures he said, how are we going to find out what the heck that thing is?  I actually told him that when I post some of the results on LL, there is a guy who usually takes a nibble and IDing 99% of the unknown stuff that passes through there.  Thanks wolfnowl for your curious knowledge of...well...all things curious.

Elby
Sigma SD14 w/ PG-21

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
A Couple from the Park
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 02:36:59 am »

Quote from: MR.FEESH
You know, I did this series while walking around with a friend of mine.  After getting the wasp pictures he said, how are we going to find out what the heck that thing is?  I actually told him that when I post some of the results on LL, there is a guy who usually takes a nibble and IDing 99% of the unknown stuff that passes through there.  Thanks wolfnowl for your curious knowledge of...well...all things curious.

You're welcome!  I do have 30 years or so of wildlife biology experience, but I fall far, far short of knowing everything about anything!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

MR.FEESH

A Couple from the Park
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 01:33:24 pm »

Ahh okay- my friend and I were debating what you profession was.
Sigma SD14 w/ PG-21
Pages: [1]   Go Up