Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fz20 lenses  (Read 1836 times)

AJSJones

fz20 lenses
« on: July 28, 2005, 09:36:29 pm »

First, welcome to the forum!

The Fz20 doesn't have interchangeable lenses but it does have a zoom that goes out to (the 35mm full frame equivalent of) 420 mm which is quite telephoto already, plus it's stabilized.  I know ozzie rules pitches are pretty big but unless you need close-ups, this will get you pretty close to the action.  Any "telephoto adapter" that might fit the front thread (if there is one) is not likely to match the Elmarit lens it's attached to, and that would be the only way to get closer...

Andy

Lin Evans

• http://www.lin-evans.net
fz20 lenses
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 05:32:06 pm »

There are a couple choices. The "best" in my own experience is the Olympus TCON-14B which is a 1.45x adapter which will give you pretty good zoomback range and a maximum of 626.4mm focal length. Chromatic aberration is minimal and the lens is extremely good from an optics perspective having been designed for the Olympus E10/E20 cameras.

The 14B (not to be confused with the TCON-14) is a large, heavy lens which must be supported with one hand when attached. You will also need an adapter "tube" which is available from a couple places.

The other choice is the Olympus TCON-17 which is also quite a good lens, but not quite as "sharp" as the 14B. The TCON-17 is a reincarnation of the old Olympus B-300 which was used on some Olympus fixed lens 35mm film cameras and worked quite well for a wide variety of fixed lens digicams. This one is 1.7x and gives you a maximum of 734mm but with less zoom range available than the 14B.

I have both these and use them with a variety of my digicams incluing the FZ10 and FZ20. Of the two the 14B is, in my opinion, the better way to go. It's larger and heavier then the 17, but has better optical properties.

Lin
Lin

ozjohn

fz20 lenses
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 08:15:50 pm »

gday all. my first post.
live in OZ and do all sorts of with camera.
want to buy a reasonable telephoto lense for photographing
local footy (thats aussie rules type) that i do for my local club.
any help much appreciated thanks.

John.

Bobtrips

fz20 lenses
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 11:58:18 pm »

I'd suggest you try the Panasonic Talk forum at DPReview.

Do a search, I'll bet you find lots of threads.  It's a pretty active and helpful forum.

If you check the review (upper left -> Cameras -> Panasonic -> FZ20) you can probably find the lens thread size.
Pages: [1]   Go Up