Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Young pine trees  (Read 2410 times)

Christos Andronis

• Christos Andronis Photography
Young pine trees
« on: May 26, 2009, 12:27:03 pm »

Hi all,

This is from a reforested area close to Sounio, Attiki, Greece. I was attracted to the subject by the warm light falling on the foreground pine tree.

Comments and critique would be greatly appreciated.

- Christos
[attachment=14009:RD_CA_MG...8_flickr.jpg]

dalethorn

Young pine trees
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 05:57:18 pm »

I kind of see the warmth from the extra light on the tree, but the overall color has too much blue to appear warm.

Christos Andronis

Young pine trees
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 02:14:43 am »

Quote from: dalethorn
I kind of see the warmth from the extra light on the tree, but the overall color has too much blue to appear warm.

I see your point. I also have trouble separating the foreground trees from the deep green bush in the background. Any ideas here?

Thanks in advance,

- Christos

dalethorn

Young pine trees
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 10:04:50 am »

Quote from: candron
I see your point. I also have trouble separating the foreground trees from the deep green bush in the background. Any ideas here?
Thanks in advance,
- Christos

I hope you'll excuse this edit - I didn't want to attempt a major change, I just reduced a narrow band of blue-purple color, then did a slight increase of red layer and decrease of blue layer.

Christos Andronis

Young pine trees
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 01:24:10 pm »

Quote from: dalethorn
I hope you'll excuse this edit - I didn't want to attempt a major change, I just reduced a narrow band of blue-purple color, then did a slight increase of red layer and decrease of blue layer.

No problem at all! After all, this is what this thread is about. The image is now visibly warmer than my original version.

- Christos

jasonrandolph

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterpunk
Young pine trees
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 05:31:26 pm »

I like the sharpness and the light.  The composition, though, seems very static to me.  It is almost asymmetrical.  Also, I think a more narrow DOF would've worked well here.  While the large tree in the center is clearly the subject, the sharpness of the trees in the background take away any sense of dynamic "flow".  I do think there is definitely some potential here though.  The subject tree has interesting lines and shapes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up