Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Totally Grey Prints  (Read 2567 times)

Lex

Totally Grey Prints
« on: May 24, 2009, 02:25:14 am »

Suddenly my print preview shows a total grey block instead of the colour image. Printing then produces a totally grey/black print. Printer is Epson 3800. Was printing fine. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Lex Franks

madmanchan

• Web
Totally Grey Prints
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 11:03:59 am »

Which application are you printing from?

Are you sure you're not performing some weird scaling in the print dialog box?
Eric Chan

Jon Meddings

Totally Grey Prints
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 10:48:25 am »

Quote from: Lex
Suddenly my print preview shows a total grey block instead of the colour image. Printing then produces a totally grey/black print. Printer is Epson 3800. Was printing fine. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Lex Franks

Lex, I get this in LR frequently - in fact in any print that is larger than 13x19 on my Epson 7800. I'm using LR 2.3 on Win XP with 4 Gb RAM. It is usually accompanied by a small line on the grey rectangle in red saying 'Out of Memory' but inverted.

I think that there must be a memory leak in LR to do this. It is much more noticeable when LR has been used a lot prior to this. So much so that whenever I'm going to print from within LR I close it down and restart. Also any prints larger than 13x19 (and most of those) I prefer to print from Qimage.

Pete Ferling

Totally Grey Prints
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 12:02:34 pm »

I have the same issue with my 9800, since v1 in fact, and I'm print 30" and larger.  However, I don't always see the gray window in LR, it just shows up in the print job. A good way to check for this is seeing a print file in the queue that is kilobytes in size rather than megabytes.  Clear the job in the printer.  Reboot the computer, only run LR, and then run the print in LR first before doing other work, that does the trick.

-Pete

CorySilken

Totally Grey Prints
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 03:57:06 pm »

I used to get the same problem when printing larger files, along with a bunch of other nuisance memory problems. Then I switched from XP to Vista 64 and the problem is gone.

-Cory

Lex

Totally Grey Prints
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 01:44:06 am »

Thanks for the help guys. I rebooted the computer and relaunched Lightroom and the problem seemed to resolve itself.

jasonrandolph

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterpunk
Totally Grey Prints
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 05:22:46 pm »

Quote from: Lex
Thanks for the help guys. I rebooted the computer and relaunched Lightroom and the problem seemed to resolve itself.

The problem pops up once in a while when I'm printing large prints on my 3800 as well.  It's never been a problem with smaller prints, but a restart always solves t he problem.  It's kind of nice to see the problem in the preview before you waste a sheet of paper.
Pages: [1]   Go Up