Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Kodak Professional Imaging to close?  (Read 24825 times)

mtomalty

• http://www.marktomalty.com
Kodak Professional Imaging to close?
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2009, 12:13:23 pm »

Well, to move the thread back around to topic.

Any more word on the topic as to whether anyone, either the skilled Israeli or skilled Chinese, will continue production
of the Leaf line of digital backs.

Mark

hubell

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2009, 12:42:34 pm »

Quote from: mtomalty
Well, to move the thread back around to topic.

Any more word on the topic as to whether anyone, either the skilled Israeli or skilled Chinese, will continue production
of the Leaf line of digital backs.

Mark

If Kodak has pulled the plug on the Leaf digital back business, who, if anyone, would be interested in buying it? Would Sinar, Hasselblad or Phase want to pick up the pieces, at the right price? For what?

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2009, 01:31:29 pm »

Quote from: Guy Mancuso
Sorry but I would have banned him on my site as well and almost any decent forum around would do the same. Sorry just no room in life for that stuff.

I always wander what does more damage the lock of some people sensitivity or the lock of TOLERANCE of people who demand sensitivity from others.
To many people become obsessed with correctness now days especially in US. Even undisputable statistical facts are consider racial insults.
Going back to photography. No, I would not have the same confidence in Leaf if they move to China. It will be enough for me to give up on them after being loyal for years.
I buy a lot of merchandise from China. Practically most of the things we buy in US comes from over there. We got used to buying toys for our children and expect them to last couple days,
but would I buy another Porsche knowing that it is now made in China? - Hell not!!!
Andre

pixjohn

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2009, 01:43:29 pm »

I will give Leaf the opportunity to speak up soon. We don't know if there moving  the operation to china. It sounds like there in negotiations of a sale.  I still think its bad business not to say anything.

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2009, 01:57:16 pm »

Quote from: AndreNapier
I always wander what does more damage the lock of some people sensitivity or the lock of TOLERANCE of people who demand sensitivity from others.
To many people become obsessed with correctness now days especially in US. Even undisputable statistical facts are consider racial insults.
Going back to photography. No, I would not have the same confidence in Leaf if they move to China. It will be enough for me to give up on them after being loyal for years.
I buy a lot of merchandise from China. Practically most of the things we buy in US comes from over there. We got used to buying toys for our children and expect them to last couple days,
but would I buy another Porsche knowing that it is now made in China? - Hell not!!!
Andre

Had nothing to do with China at all or the Chinese people. BTW half the stuff in your house is made in China, Japan, Korea or any other Asian country. Maybe even more than half for that matter but this had nothing to do with that period. No one should tolerate racial slurs period and that is the bottom line.

Let me put it another way according to your comments. You will let your children play with toys made from China but you put more value on a Porsche that you drive. Wonder how your kids would feel about that comment.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 02:08:36 pm by Guy Mancuso »
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

AndreNapier

« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2009, 02:08:40 pm »

Quote from: Guy Mancuso
BTW half the stuff in your house is made in China, Japan, Korea or any other Asian country. Maybe even more than half for that matter but this had nothing to do with that period. No one should tolerate racial slurs period and that is the bottom line.

You are right. This is the half that always brake. We buy it because it is cheap to buy and to cheap to replace. However if you do not see difference in tailoring and finishing between Italian suit
and Chinese one than we just have different eyes for details. Stay away from my children or you will quickly offend me. Your last comment is just plain stupid.
Andre
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 02:11:30 pm by AndreNapier »

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2009, 02:15:58 pm »

I don't think it was stupid at all it is what you said on how you place your value of product on where it was made. Don't turn this on my shoulders , and do not threaten me either. Your comments not mine. End of conversation
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

AndreNapier

« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2009, 02:25:13 pm »

Thank you.

hubell

« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2009, 02:55:47 pm »

These comments trying to rationalize a patently anti-semitic stereotype are pathetic and confirm my earlier statement that the use of such stereotypes is commonplace and well accepted in most countries. Fortunately, not in the USA today, where we think all Americans are either actually or potentially damn good at business. And anyone who thinks for a moment that the OP's use of the anti-semitic stereotype was not intended to be derogatory is deluding himself. I think I know why.

pixjohn

« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2009, 04:07:22 pm »

I am staying out of this crap. Can we please either delete this thread or move on. This is not the place to argue. If you want a soap box go find a soup box and a park and speak out.

hubell

« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2009, 04:34:27 pm »

Quote from: pixjohn
I am staying out of this crap. Can we please either delete this thread or move on. This is not the place to argue. If you want a soap box go find a soup box and a park and speak out.

Starting a new thread is a good idea. This thread had 69 posts in it and not one has advanced our state of knowledge as to what is happening with Leaf's digital back business. Judging from the radio silence from Yair, it's clear that something is happening, but nobody seems to know what.

Carsten W

« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2009, 04:46:57 pm »

Quote from: hcubell
Starting a new thread is a good idea. This thread had 69 posts in it and not one has advanced our state of knowledge as to what is happening with Leaf's digital back business. Judging from the radio silence from Yair, it's clear that something is happening, but nobody seems to know what.

I think it is safe to say that if it was all over, Yair would say so. If there was nothing wrong, he would say so as well. In other words, there is a problem, and they are looking for, or finalizing a solution.
Carsten W - [url=http://500px.com/Carste

evgeny

« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2009, 04:55:42 pm »

Quote from: hcubell

Hi,

A Leaf dealer in Israel confirmed: production of the Leaf is stopped. This is 110% true.

Creo-Sctitex-Kodak fired 50 employees by the end of this week (already fired, because yesterday was a "Shavuot" hollyday in Israel, and Fri-Sat are non working days).

Initiative is run by an Israeli manager(s) at Scitex (the original name of the Israeli company) to find the ways to keep Leaf production and the employees. This new business, if established, will be run separately from Creo-Scitex-Kodak brand. This is in progress, Kodak doesn't sell the Leaf facilities at this time.

NBP

• http://
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2009, 05:16:39 pm »

Quote from: AndreNapier
Stay away from my children or you will quickly offend me.

You bought them into it, you pillock. Get over yourself - And the rest of you, FFS.  

And thanks for reminding me why I rarely come here anymore.  
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 05:17:03 pm by NBP »

Nick_T

« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2009, 06:19:13 am »

Something is going on with Leaf. That much is obvious. I hope it is something positive along the lines of someone else has bought them etc..
 Let's refrain from further speculation until such time as Leaf employees are free to comment.
Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

fmo

« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2009, 06:53:14 am »

any recent news someone?

SeanFS

• http://www.seanshadbolt.co.nz
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2009, 07:06:09 pm »

Quote from: evgeny
Hi,

A Leaf dealer in Israel confirmed: production of the Leaf is stopped. This is 110% true.

Creo-Sctitex-Kodak fired 50 employees by the end of this week (already fired, because yesterday was a "Shavuot" hollyday in Israel, and Fri-Sat are non working days).

Initiative is run by an Israeli manager(s) at Scitex (the original name of the Israeli company) to find the ways to keep Leaf production and the employees. This new business, if established, will be run separately from Creo-Scitex-Kodak brand. This is in progress, Kodak doesn't sell the Leaf facilities at this time.

Goodness , Kodak really doesn't have the magic touch when it comes to new business do they? Leaf was for so long a premium MF brand and when Kodak bought it a few years ago there were fears expressed here and other forums something like this would happen.
 Are we heading down the road to having one chip supplier for MF as well?

evgeny

« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2009, 09:39:44 am »

We should hear good news about Leaf. I hope it will be officially announced later.
This is sensitive, I don't want to share more details, let people do their job.

michael

« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2009, 09:45:36 am »

News coming at 10am eastern. Stay tuned.

Ps: It's good news.

Frank Doorhof

• http://
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2009, 09:47:43 am »

Quote from: michael
News coming at 10am eastern. Stay tuned.

Ps: It's good news.

and it will give more threads to discuss
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up