Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Kodak Professional Imaging to close?  (Read 24818 times)

ddk

• http://www.pbase.com/ddk
Kodak Professional Imaging to close?
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 04:46:55 am »

Quote from: ThierryH
I did, John, same, it gives me the normal Leaf site.

Thierry

John is right Thierry, I'm redirected to Leaf America too. My take on this is that they've shrunk their production for now until they either sell Leaf or the market picks up. Don't forget how they got Leaf, it's not something that Kodak wanted in the first place but I doubt that they'll just kill it.
david
-----------------------
www.pbase.com/ddk

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 04:58:15 am »

Just all speculation naturally!

Interesting there is a deafening silence from the Leaf people on board. I am curious what is happening. It does have the  signals of something in the making. Maybe Sinar & Leaf joining forces more closely? Which doesn't seem too odd and quite natural to me. A consolidation to basically 3 parties would make sense, to me anyway.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 04:58:38 am by Dustbak »

eyeshigher1

Frank Doorhof

• http://
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2009, 05:17:31 am »

I wouldn't panic yet to be honest, let's wait for a few weeks and see what happens.
It could very well be that there is alot going on where they cannot comment about concerning legal issues.
I've seen this happen before.

If the leaf unit would be closed down or stop excisting I think they would comment.
Just the fact that er is no comment what so ever makes me think that there are things going on behind the screen, maybe/probarbly be a split in some form, maybe a new company or maybe a buyout or whatever.
Normally this would take maybe 2-3 weeks, so I guess we will know more in that time period.

It isn't over till the fat ladie sings and I did not yet hear that yet.

But that's not official offcourse and only my opinion  
But seeing the fact that no one from leaf responses when they are normally very quick gives me a lot of hints in that direction.

ThierryH

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 10:09:05 am »

Dear David,

Quote from: ddk
John is right Thierry, I'm redirected to Leaf America too.
Well, in this case they have to empty the cache more often here in Thailand, at my provider's place: my link is still working!

Quote from: ddk
My take on this is that they've shrunk their production for now until they either sell Leaf or the market picks up.
Only speculations: it is wise not to fall into it, the past has proven almost any speculation to be wrong.

Best regards,
Thierry

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 10:22:17 am »

Quote from: ThierryH
Well, in this case they have to empty the cache more often here in Thailand, at my provider's place: my link is still working!

Can be simple explanation: Many websites are sensitive to our geographic locations. E.g., www.yahoo.com comes up in Traditional Chinese here in Hong Kong... to make matters worse, cannot find choice for English and Hong Kong is officially Traditionally Chinese and English, but also unofficially Simplified Chinese... silly. Try www.nikon.com.hk who still have not realized that the very many non Chinese living here are good buying power...

In other words, if in USA, likely Leaf America. If in Thailand likely Leaf Asia. For some reason there are Euro offers of Leaf AF-I when I look up www.leaf-photography.com here in Hong Kong   , yet perhaps they already know I am happy with mine!  

Anders

MattLaver

• mattlaver.com
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 01:21:19 pm »

I'm in Europe, just emptied cache and history, and checked leaf-photography.com and it took me to the usual european leaf site at leaf-photography.com with european offers etc. No obvious changes at this end...

Matt

PHOTO ZARA

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 02:21:09 pm »

Quote from: MattLaver
I'm in Europe, just emptied cache and history, and checked leaf-photography.com and it took me to the usual european leaf site at leaf-photography.com with european offers etc. No obvious changes at this end...

Matt

i'm in europe too and http://www.leaf-photography.com/ is working without any problems....

pixjohn

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 04:54:06 pm »

I only know a little info, but I don't think Leaf is going anywhere. I guess Kodak is keeping quite why things happen. I personally don't think its the best move to not  address the issue. At least say everything is ok, but we cant  give any info at this time. My understanding is, we have to wait a few weeks to get the full story.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 04:55:20 pm by pixjohn »

hubell

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2009, 09:22:05 am »

EDITED BY MODERATOR
This kind of anti-semitic nonsense is completely unacceptable, even if it is accepted as part of the normal discourse in most countries. You and your post should both be deleted.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 04:24:17 pm by ChrisSand »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2009, 09:39:27 am »

Quote from: hcubell
This kind of anti-semitic nonsense is completely unacceptable, even if it is accepted as part of the normal discourse in most countries. You and your post should both be deleted.

Totally agree!
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Joe Behar

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2009, 09:41:39 am »

I'll be the third to agree and ask Michael to remove this offensive post immediately.

evgeny

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2009, 09:50:10 am »

I think that was a complement

Joe Behar

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2009, 09:59:39 am »

Quote from: evgeny
I think that was a complement

Which goes to show the frame of mind that we are concerned with. Lets just clarify a bit.

If you refer to me as  Japanese or Chinese, you are talking about my nationality. If you refer to me as a Jew, that's a religion. Throw in the less than veiled insinuation of sales and commerce and you have the typical anti semitic sentiment that I'm referring to.

Unless you've been on the recieving end of this, you probably won't understand.

evgeny

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2009, 10:17:50 am »

Quote from: Joe Behar
Which goes to show the frame of mind that we are concerned with. Lets just clarify a bit.

If you refer to me as  Japanese or Chinese, you are talking about my nationality. If you refer to me as a Jew, that's a religion. Throw in the less than veiled insinuation of sales and commerce and you have the typical anti semitic sentiment that I'm referring to.

I'm Jew.

paulmoorestudio

• http://paulmoorestudio.com
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2009, 10:21:24 am »

I'll be the third to agree and ask Michael to remove this offensive post immediately.

maybe it should be left on, get it in the open.. lets see who says what..show their true colors.
you say/type it, you own it. He of course has the option to do the right thing and delete it
himself and apologize...this is why I favor real names..no hiding behind xy&z.

jing q

• we are super
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2009, 01:34:57 pm »

huh?
I'm surprised. So everytime someone mentions China if I'm insecure I would think feel that you're insulting me? (I'm chinese)
sorry but to me Jewish people are admirable in certain areas, their ability to handle business is one big part of it.
If you think of it as an insult then maybe it's a reflection of your own insecurity.

doncody

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2009, 02:47:30 pm »

Quote from: jing q
huh?
I'm surprised. So everytime someone mentions China if I'm insecure I would think feel that you're insulting me? (I'm chinese)
sorry but to me Jewish people are admirable in certain areas, their ability to handle business is one big part of it.
If you think of it as an insult then maybe it's a reflection of your own insecurity.

Michael please put an end to this racial rhetoric.

This is not the forum for it

Don

Joe Behar

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2009, 02:55:07 pm »

Quote from: jing q
huh?

To insinuate that any particular cultural or religious group is any more or less adept at any given activity is racist and pure nonsense in my opinion.

I have now said my last words on this topic.

pixjohn

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2009, 03:10:52 pm »

And now back to are topic

Lets wait and see? But it scares me if production moves to China.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up