Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Air pistol help!  (Read 11185 times)

Derry

• http://
Air pistol help!
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 12:34:43 pm »

what is happening to the airgun we started with,,??? pellet was removed and now the trigger is stuck and there was a question on holding compression,, any update on this subject and more help needed,,??

Derry

HiltonP

• http://hiltonp-twotrains.blogspot.com/
Air pistol help!
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 12:49:44 pm »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Allowing concealed weapons to protect against bear attacks seems a little off to me, but I live in Canada so you'll have to forgive me. Why conceal the weapons? Does it fool the bears?

Sometimes.  Not at Jellystone, tho.  Those bears are smarter than the average bear.
Maybe not. Visitors to Canada are told to only walk in the woods in groups of six more more.
So it seems that Canadian bears can count . . .
Regards, HILTON

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Air pistol help!
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 02:27:40 pm »

Quote from: Rob C
The concept, often called a doctrine...

I loved that! So 1984 and politically correct and right back into the realm of father knows best! You see it very clearly.

Regarding national parks and designated wilderness areas in Scotland - yes, I believe they exist there too, but nature protects them all by herself, as she does in parts of Canada, where the natural winged warriors provided by nature drive Man out, all by themselves. I have a cousin who is a painter and lives up there in the Highlands: he tells me that the midges are so powerful and dangerous that he needs a form of medication to prepare himself to deal with nature there, on her terms, when the drive, the compulsion takes him over and he has to go out and paint! Mabe that´s why many painters carry cameras today - notebooks for when they have to retreat to safer territory! Who needs bear or crocodile when a simple insect can do the trick!

I suppose that the truth I think I see is that Man spoils everything by the time he has finished with it; far better that he be confined to less and less of this world. And I include myself in this blanket emotion.

Rob C

The good news is, we're not done yet! Around here, the forest service keeps a number of roads closed to vehicles and due to the snowfall, the park itself is closed to vehicles for about half the year. This greatly restricts both how many and how far most will go. It also makes for some of the most spectacular places to ride a bike and xc ski in at least the USA.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Air pistol help!
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2009, 02:31:38 pm »

Quote from: Robert Roaldi
Allowing concealed weapons to protect against bear attacks seems a little off to me, but I live in Canada so you'll have to forgive me. Why conceal the weapons? Does it fool the bears?

But it should not be too difficult to sort this one out. They probably already have statistics on bear maulings that have occurred in the last five years. (I am not an expert, but it's probably a minuscule number.) Let's just see how many park visitors shoot each other in the next five years and then we'll know which is more dangerous to public health, guns or bears.
This is completely off-topic, but since we're talking about bears, have a look at this.

Jeremy

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Air pistol help!
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2009, 02:32:40 pm »

Quote from: Robert Roaldi

That was a good quip. The weapons don't have to be concealed but iirc the weapon bearer has to have a CWP.
It used to be the case that in the national parks, the weapon had to be disassembled, clip out, and stowed away from quick access. W
With the new bill you can carry an AK if you want.

FWIW, some rangers have carried AKs for some time.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up