Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 4.8.1 released  (Read 8682 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Capture One 4.8.1 released
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 09:08:35 am »

Quote from: Colorwave
Doug-
I normally have C1 set to "selected recipe", in the Proof Profile menu.  Are you saying I should keep it set to ProPhoto instead, if that is what I'm outputing files as?

Quote from: tho_mas
yes, that's what I was referring to with the light "background".
But on a one single Monitor setup it doesn't help very much as there is no way to set the image smaller than "to fit" - which I find extremely annoying as it is much more comfortable to work whith a neutral border around the image. Now the image is always next to the browser and/or the tools. Too, if you hide browser or tools the image jumps in its dimensions, i.e. it's getting bigger. This was MUCH better in V3 were the image was always placed on a neutral background (i.e. "border").

I agree. This was better in V3 and the developers have a smaller than "fit" zoom on a list of features to add. In the meanwhile check out my single-monitor setups that I posted above. There is no reason you must use the primary window for the primary view image and the floating viewer for something else. Feel free to make the floating view the "main" view of the image as I have done with each of my three examples. This allows you to float the image in space. Obviously this is just a workaround until they add a smaller than "fit" zoom

V4 allows for some very sophisticated setups. My two more tool-intensive setups probably look cluttered to some, but to me they are the eptimey of functional design; every single thing I need is on one screen including thumbnails, a 100% focus view, a navigator for the main image (if zoomed) a large view of the image that can switch between 100%, fit, or multiple images. Try to setup anything remotely like this in 3 and you'll quickly appreciate how nice the customization is in V4. And if you like simplicity rather than quick access to a huge number of tools then by all means you can go to JUST the main image and a tool or two.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

tho_mas

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 09:32:15 am »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
I agree. This was better in V3 and the developers have a smaller than "fit" zoom on a list of features to add.
that's really great to hear! Tell them they should set menu entries or better allow to set shortcuts for 25% and 50% as well. On Mac now we have "to fit", 100%, 200% and 400%. Who needs 200% and 400%???

In the meanwhile check out my single-monitor setups that I posted above.
That might be okay on a 30'' screen but not on a 24'' screen. Your setup looks like a space ship command central to me personally and might be okay for Audio Editing. I prefer clean interfaces and that means as much as possible NEUTRAL GREY. Open your setup and open C1 V3 Windows on a second monitor and compare side by side: all questions answered immediately, no workaround needed in V3.
The C1 tools are simply too dark and too contrasty. Either way which "workaround" you set. I'd prefer to work without any workaround... not when it comes to those basic things as decent viewing conditions.
And by the way: I've asked serveral times about these things at the Phase support and at the Phase forums (up from the first Beta and now we are 1.5 years later and at version 4.8.1 and I still have to set a workaround just to see the image in a way that works... phew!).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 09:33:16 am by tho_mas »

Rick_Allen

• http://www.rapdigital.net
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009, 06:20:13 am »

Hey Guys
To help with the task of keeping up to date for the new versions as the roll out I've created this app that uninstalls CaptureOne 4.x . Four items are deleted as recommended by phaseone before updating the app. these are ~/Library/Preferences/com.phaseone.captureone.plist , ~/Pictures/Capture One Library/Capture One.col45 , ~/Library/Application Support/Capture One , and Applications/Capture One.app.

WARNING: This app is provided free and without warranty. And as it works you may find that it does in fact delete your copy of CaptureOne smile.gif

www.rapdigital.net/files/uninstall_4.x.zip

Feel free to provide feedback
Rick Allen
[url=http://www.rapdigital.ne

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009, 07:44:35 pm »

We have been using C1 4 for about a month. We just finished a shoot with 4.8 on OS 10.5.7 & had no problems. I shot fast & slow with the Canon 1DSMKIII with not one crash! I think it is the update to 10.5.7. Regardless everything worked great & that was with a 5 m active extension added to the standard 5 m USB lead. All good. Its great shooting Canon into such a great program.
Cheers Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up