Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera Raw 5.4 Release Candidate from Adobe Labs  (Read 3825 times)

j.miller

Camera Raw 5.4 Release Candidate from Adobe Labs
« on: May 22, 2009, 09:39:37 am »

Adobe Labs has posted a "beta" version of Camera Raw 5.4 for Photoshop CS4, adding conversion support for RAW files captured with numerous Hasselblad camera models. Additional support is there for several new models from Canon, Panasonic, Epson, Nikon, and Kodak.

More info is available here:

http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php?title...4#Release_Notes

Jordan E. Miller
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 08:54:46 am by JEM_DTG »

01af

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 10:31:18 am »

Kudos!

Finally, the colours of Konica-Minolta MRW and Sony ARW raw images rendered with ACR match the JPEGs' shot in RAW+JPEG mode (rather than being awfully pink). Well done, Adobe!

-- Olaf

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 10:56:12 am »

Everyone is beating me to announcements today!

Anyway, we have been working together with Adobe for some time (they needed a few pointers ;-)) and I pleased to see the test release. It will be interesting to see how good the test candidate is received.

Best,

David
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 11:04:54 am »

ACR 5.3 has pretty bad color bleeding artifacts, I hope this will be fixed at some point.[attachment=13895:Capture_35.jpg]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 11:16:36 am by MichaelEzra »

Dinarius

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 11:14:01 am »

Quote from: JEM_DTG
Adobe Labs has posted a "beta" version of Camera Raw 5.4 for Photoshop CS4, adding conversion support for RAW files captured with numerous Hasselblad camera models.

Hasselblad at last!

Brilliant!

D.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 11:46:52 am »

Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad

Anyway, we have been working together with Adobe for some time (they needed a few pointers ;-)) and I pleased to see the test release. It will be interesting to see how good the test candidate is received.

Best,

David

David,

How about DAC, is it supported by Adobe Raw as well? Multishot files?

Great BTW that Hasselblad raw files are now starting to get support in ACR & LR!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 11:50:36 am by Dustbak »

Cfranson

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 12:23:44 pm »

Quote from: Dustbak
David,

How about DAC, is it supported by Adobe Raw as well? Multishot files?

Great BTW that Hasselblad raw files are now starting to get support in ACR & LR!
I just did a test overlaying a .3FR processed in Phocus and one in ACR. Definitely no DAC going on in ACR.

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 05:31:45 pm »

Quote from: MichaelEzra
ACR 5.3 has pretty bad color bleeding artifacts, I hope this will be fixed at some point.[attachment=13895:Capture_35.jpg]

Michael, please post a sample raw file. You can email it to me at madmanchan2000@yahoo.com or post via yousendit.com (or similar site). Thanks.
Eric Chan

Dinarius

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 10:52:39 am »

Not sure whether it's Hasselblad or Adobe, but someone is flattering to deceive with this announcement.  

Hasselblad's killer app is single and multi-shot tethered shooting. I can't see much difference between what has been announced and DNG conversion.

Without .fff it really doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

D.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 10:55:05 am by Dinarius »

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 11:16:41 am »

Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad

Best,

David

David,

In the world of large sensor photography this is big.

Seriously, probably the biggest news from hasselblad since they slashed prices by 10 grand, because if you work with outside retouchers, all of them process in photoshop.

Even if you deliver a processed file for guide or a base, they still need the raw for detail or to open and merge shadows and once again they all use photoshop.

Actually, this year Hasselblad has been impressive.

They've substantially dropped prices to realistic numbers,  they've got the only full and complete camera-lens-back system and they are making probably the most professional marketing push of any camera maker.

They also have the only fast 100 mm autofocus lens and that is a magic size for shooting fashion and portrait, especially on location.

Their equipment looks cohesive, the lcd though not as good as Canon or Nikon  is at least larger than a postage stamp.

Their website actually looks interesting and professional and most of all usable, which in the world of cameras is usually not the case.

Since the H system is the standard camera in rental, if they can get their H3's in rental for backup they should make a huge dent in the medium format . . . oops, large sensor photography market.

They also have a brand name that carries some weight.

If I was buying a medium format camera today I'd give them a more than serious look, but since my current Phase backs  have dropped to 1/3 of their original price I should probably wait.

Anyway, what Hasselblad has done in the last year is impressive and it's more than writing a few new pdfs.  It's the whole package of equipment, software, price that can be bought today.

JR

jimgolden

• http://
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 11:48:09 am »

BIG NEWS - I'm totally stoked...DAC not critical for some people most of the time (like me : )  )

I will say phocus is pretty tight, but can't run on a macbook - lame
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 11:48:45 am by jimgolden »
Pages: [1]   Go Up