Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad Bankruptcy?  (Read 33352 times)

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Hasselblad Bankruptcy?
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2009, 03:36:41 pm »

Quote from: wollom
The idea of a lair might be more plausible if the camera bodies were black!

But seriously, David, I'm glad you're prepared to duke it out here.  

While I've got your attention will you mention to the happy elves in the H labs that non-optional software cropping of the output of the 60mpx sensor when using HCD lenses throws away the great potential for panoramic or closer-to-square crops that use the maximum 'good' image circle and sensor real estate?  Ideally leave it up to the photographer to decide how much of the image circle is good enough; or or at least provide a smart cropping tool that allows any crop with a 60mm diagonal.

Wollom

Elves?  Evil Trolls, please.

Don't worry the second part of your post is already in hand.
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

• Capture One
Hasselblad Bankruptcy?
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2009, 03:40:52 pm »

Quote from: carstenw
I note that you didn't answer the question. Every other camera is not black, some are grey, some have brown accents, and so on.

While I understand that the H3DII is almost certainly the best digital 645 camera ever built in almost every way, Hasselblad seems to have forgotten how to stroke photographer's egos. In a fact-based world, this is not serious, but a lot of the passion for Hasselblad is not there any more. People get excited about the excellence of the results, but not about the camera itself. The viewfinder, yes, but not the shell. I think Hasselblad needs to re-learn this. If you pick up a V camera, and then you pick up the H, there isn't the same feeling.

Marc (fotografz) showed how handsome the camera's basic shape is when he posted photos of his "black" H in the getdpi forums. The two-tone brown really is a nasty choice. I do have to admit to really liking the little H symbols in the rubber on the focusing ring of the lenses though. Clearly someone still gets it. You can build the best camera, or you can build a legend. The V camera was a legend. The H not so much. It is just a good tool.

Didn't I answer the question?  There is no legal prevention on a black H camera as far as I am aware.

I also think in todays economy there is less room for legends and more of a need for tools that do the job.

We are also lucky though that many semi-professionals and amateurs choose to buy Hasselblads, that we are very grateful for and still cater for this market with occasional bespoke pieces.

David Grover

• Capture One
Hasselblad Bankruptcy?
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2009, 03:42:17 pm »

Quote from: carstenw
Which Contax lenses are you referring to?

I am afraid I can't remember specifically so it would not be fair to comment.  I simply remember thinking 'what is the fuss all about?' when I saw the results from this / these lenses.

David Grover

ynp

• http://
Hasselblad Bankruptcy?
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2009, 10:07:53 am »

Quote from: JEM_DTG
Yevgeny,
       I was not aware this issue was still pending. We will certainly have resolution here, as you and your DC office will be contacted shortly. Thank you for you concern, however insolvency is certainly not a relevant matter for us. Shall we move this off-forum?

Regards,

Jordan Miller
Digital Technology Group, Inc

Dear Mr.Miller

I am so sorry to bother you again on the board.

I was waiting off-forum patiently, but you and your company do not answer my e-mails.  I got only one PM from you (May 21 2009) and in your PM   you said that you do not read your PMs.   The absence of communication from
Digital Technology Group, Inc is worrying    
Shall I send my lawyers or collectors to DTG?

Yevgeny
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up