Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 -- How to Stop Wasted 3" Strip after Print?  (Read 2237 times)

wsolum

Z3100 -- How to Stop Wasted 3" Strip after Print?
« on: May 20, 2009, 11:38:44 am »

After each print job on satin paper the Z3100 cuts the print, then feeds an additional 3" of paper and cuts that off.  Is there a way to stop this?  Driver version 61.73.361.41.  Firmware TR12-TR_7.0.0.3.

Thanks,
Wayne

robertDthomas

• Robert Thomas Photography
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 01:03:34 pm »

Quote from: wsolum
After each print job on satin paper the Z3100 cuts the print, then feeds an additional 3" of paper and cuts that off.  Is there a way to stop this?  Driver version 61.73.361.41.  Firmware TR12-TR_7.0.0.3.

Thanks,
Wayne
I think you have the latest firmware.  I just checked the HP site and it lists version TR12-7.0.0.3-5 10 Feb 2009.  I know with the previous version whenever I loaded a new roll or Professional Satin it would cut off a 3" strip when loading the roll but not in between prints.  I did load that latest firware several weeks ago and I have noticed that there is an option that is displayed on the window of the printer when loading a roll of Prefessional Satin which says something like "trim leading edge" Yes or No.  I have selected No to this question and I do not experience the 3" cut either as an initial trim when loading a roll or between prints.  What you might do is unload the roll and then reload and see if you get that question asked and if so answer No and hopefully that will solve your problem.

wsolum

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 04:40:27 pm »

Quote from: robertDthomas
I think you have the latest firmware.  I just checked the HP site and it lists version TR12-7.0.0.3-5 10 Feb 2009.  I know with the previous version whenever I loaded a new roll or Professional Satin it would cut off a 3" strip when loading the roll but not in between prints.  I did load that latest firware several weeks ago and I have noticed that there is an option that is displayed on the window of the printer when loading a roll of Prefessional Satin which says something like "trim leading edge" Yes or No.  I have selected No to this question and I do not experience the 3" cut either as an initial trim when loading a roll or between prints.  What you might do is unload the roll and then reload and see if you get that question asked and if so answer No and hopefully that will solve your problem.

I remember seeing the option but not what I responded.  I'll try it and let you know.

David Saffir

• http://davidsaffir.wordpress.com
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 11:10:19 pm »

under the second printer dialogue, check the box which says "remove top/bottom blank areas"

David Saffir
www.davidsaffir.com
David Saffir
[url=http://davidsaffir.wor

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 04:17:06 am »

Quote from: David Saffir
under the second printer dialogue, check the box which says "remove top/bottom blank areas"

David Saffir
www.davidsaffir.com

That does something entirely different.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

New: Dinkla Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html

JGBradley

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 04:01:55 pm »

Mine only does this when I print full bled (edge to edge).  I read somewhere (here? manual?) that was to ensure the next print had a clean edge to start with.

JGB
Pages: [1]   Go Up