Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RZII Pro D WinderII Power Supply  (Read 2161 times)

Snook

RZII Pro D WinderII Power Supply
« on: May 20, 2009, 10:09:03 am »

Hello all, I have done some searches with out any luck.
Does anybody know where I can buy the power supply cable for the RZIIPDII WinderII.
Seems to eat through batteries as fast I shoot and seeing how I mainly use the RZ in stduio I would rather use the power Plug to the winderII.
But I cannot find one anywhere. Not even any information about it.
Thanks if you know where to buy one or an after market one.
Snook

terence_patrick

• http://www.terencepatrick.com
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 01:25:51 pm »

I don't have any information on the power supply, but I can tell you that I used Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable batteries in my Winder II and those would last me at least 40 rolls of 220 before I decided to change them out (~40 rolls being the most I ever shot in a day on the RZ).

Snook

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 06:02:41 pm »

Quote from: terence_patrick
I don't have any information on the power supply, but I can tell you that I used Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable batteries in my Winder II and those would last me at least 40 rolls of 220 before I decided to change them out (~40 rolls being the most I ever shot in a day on the RZ).

I have been using the lithuim Energizer batteries. The orange and red ones? They might be different in every country and I find they do not last that long and the winder when with fresh batteries works nice and fast. You can hear the difference also. after a while they seeem to Bog down. Plus I shoot it only in studio and it would be easier and cheaper I imagine using the "famous" additional 9v chatger they all advertised with the winder. But cannot not seem to find one anywhere. I will take it to my local electrician and see if he can rigg me one like he did my phase one battery charger cable..:+}
Snook

Rick_Allen

• http://www.rapdigital.net
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 07:19:54 pm »

Make sure you remove the digiback adapter plate when not in use.
Rick Allen
[url=http://www.rapdigital.ne

Snook

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 09:29:09 pm »

Quote from: Rick_Allen
Make sure you remove the digiback adapter plate when not in use.
Yes, I learned that before I even got the camera..
I take the Little battery under the camera, which I bought the external pocket warming one that has a cable so I do not have to take the Winder II off when ever I need to change the battery as it seems to like those also.
In any case I take that one and the winder II case completely out. I usually tell my assistant to take off the adaptor plate as well when not shooting. I am always switching From the RZ to the AFDII to the 1DsMII at any given moment or day.
RZ usually controlled portraits and my personal stuff.
AFDII for Advertising and slight movement photography or Landscape.
And then the 1DsMII for low light or Catalogue work.
I guess it is constantly keeping batteries which are pretty cheap anyways, it was more of trying not to pollute the world with more batteries idea of mine...
The downside is another cable for someone from the crew to trip over.
Thanks
Snook

Snook

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 08:52:55 am »

Bumping this topic..
Anybody?
Thanks
Snook

PLLove

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 02:32:50 pm »