Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SpectraView II - V. 1.1.02 NEW  (Read 13168 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
SpectraView II - V. 1.1.02 NEW
« on: May 19, 2009, 10:29:28 pm »

Looks like NEC have quietly posted an update to spectraview II software in the last few days.

Havent downloaded it and tried it yet to see if it resolves the 'No communications issue' I am having with the 2690 Wuxi and my intel mac pro.

Hopefully try it tonight *fingers crossed*

List of changes from prior version

V1.1.02: May 6 2009

Added support for the NEC LCD2490WUXi2.
Added support for the NEC X461UN.
Corrected support for the NEC LCD5220 and NEC LCD6520.
Fixed an issue that caused the serial number not to be read correctly from the NEC MultiSync P221W.
Improved the grayscale calibration accuracy on the NEC LCD4020, LCD4620, M40 and M46.
Changed the lower color temperature limit for the white point from 4000K to 2500K.
Corrected an issue with the Check For Updates feature that caused the download URLs to break.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 10:41:23 pm by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Josh-H

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 04:25:13 am »

Quote from: Josh-H
Looks like NEC have quietly posted an update to spectraview II software in the last few days.

Havent downloaded it and tried it yet to see if it resolves the 'No communications issue' I am having with the 2690 Wuxi and my intel mac pro.

Hopefully try it tonight *fingers crossed*

List of changes from prior version

V1.1.02: May 6 2009

Added support for the NEC LCD2490WUXi2.
Added support for the NEC X461UN.
Corrected support for the NEC LCD5220 and NEC LCD6520.
Fixed an issue that caused the serial number not to be read correctly from the NEC MultiSync P221W.
Improved the grayscale calibration accuracy on the NEC LCD4020, LCD4620, M40 and M46.
Changed the lower color temperature limit for the white point from 4000K to 2500K.
Corrected an issue with the Check For Updates feature that caused the download URLs to break.

Nup.. still broken - no communications.....

Still liaising with NEC - getting nowhere fast unfortunately...
Wild Nature Photo Travel

ihv

• http://www.flickr.com/ihv
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 04:15:44 am »

Josh-H,

any idea whether this software would work with the EU version of the 2690wuxi2 (monitor lut calibration)?

Ivar

Josh-H

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 06:53:03 pm »

Quote from: ihv
Josh-H,

any idea whether this software would work with the EU version of the 2690wuxi2 (monitor lut calibration)?

Ivar

No idea sorry....

I did have it working - but OSX 10.5.6 broke it - and 10.5.7 has not fixed it for me.

Hoping to hear more from NEC today.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

jackbingham

• http://www.integrated-color.com
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 07:15:33 pm »

It is unlikely that NEC can fix this problem. Apple broke this and will most likely be the one that needs to fix it.
Jack Bingham
Integrated Color Corp Maker

Josh-H

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 12:11:36 am »

Quote from: jackbingham
It is unlikely that NEC can fix this problem. Apple broke this and will most likely be the one that needs to fix it.
maybee.. maybee not...

I suspect that my monitor is not running current firmware- currently V1.0.0 on my monitor.

NEC are checking into new firmware for me that hopefully resolves the issue.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Gellman

• http://www.jgphoto.com
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 02:35:53 am »

Have you tried using the NEC LCD Monitor Installer version 0.09.05.06? (revised on 5/6/2009) If not, call NEC and ask tech support for the download link. Also make sure you are using the latest driver for your video card.

Good luck!

John

Josh-H

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 02:55:25 am »

Quote from: ncjohnboy
Have you tried using the NEC LCD Monitor Installer version 0.09.05.06? (revised on 5/6/2009) If not, call NEC and ask tech support for the download link. Also make sure you are using the latest driver for your video card.

Good luck!

John

Hi John,

I am not aware of that software - I am on a MAC though - so the drivers are updated as part of OSX - and not something I can update.

Thanks for the thought.

-Edit - Looks like that is definately a PC thing NEC Drivers
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 03:05:27 am by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 05:09:41 am »

Quote from: ihv
Josh-H,

Ivar

It works like a charm
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 10:00:53 am »

Quote from: Josh-H
No idea sorry....

I did have it working - but OSX 10.5.6 broke it - and 10.5.7 has not fixed it for me.

Hoping to hear more from NEC today.

10.7 fixed the DDC issues for me with my SpectraView II (US software) and PPC machine.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

ihv

• http://www.flickr.com/ihv
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 12:45:08 pm »

Quote from: Czornyj
It works like a charm

Great to hear.

Many thanks for the answers!

Ivar

Josh-H

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 09:17:28 pm »

NEC have contacted me this morning to advise there IS a firmware update for the monitor and that NEC Japan have issued a bulletin about the update.

Waiting to either receive the update now or have a technician sent out to update it - *fingers crossed!*
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Josh-H

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 06:42:48 am »

Well I have a solution - sort of..

For whatever reason the USA SpectraView II software just wont give me communications with my Australian purchased 2690 Wuxi on the October 2008 Mac Pro with Nvidia 8800 GT video card - I constantly get 'No Communications'. Earlier versions of SpectraView II did work - but now it doesn't - and thats running the latest version of OSX.

After numerous emails with NEC Australia (who were not very knowledgeable or helpful), NEC USA (who were extremley knowledgeable and helpful - thank you very much Will) and the new Spectraview monitor series people here in Australia (likewise very knowledgeable and helpful) I have come to the following conclusions - That Australian purchased 2690 Wuxi monitors are incompatible with the NVidia 8800 GT and the US version of SpectraView 2. For whatever reason it just doesn't work.

Plugging in my 2008 macBOOK pro to the 2690 Wuxi with the US Spectraview II software does work and I get full communications - go figure. So as a work around I can generate the profile from the macbook pro and then copy it over to the Mac Pro. But its a bit cumbersome - although it does allow for proper access to the 12 bit LUT's.

As another solution I have tried the latest SpectraView Profiler software which is supplied with SpectraView monitors in Europe and Australia - this works, but....the top Hardware LUT calibration option is greyed out - allowing for only software calibration, avoiding the 12 bit LUT's in the monitor -Grrrr.... This seems to be the same problem others have reported.

End result - relegating the monitor to a secondary monitor and purchasing a new 2690 Wuxi2 SpectraView Reference that will work properly with the SpectraView Profiler software. It comes as a package now in Australia - which is cool - because it wasnt available when I purchased my monitor. I hadn't planned on running two monitors - and the extra outlay wasn't something I had planned on - but really its the best solution for ongoing stability for me if I want to properly hardware calibrate the monitor - which I do.

Phew - what a saga.. Anyway I have written all this down as hopefully it might help someone else in a similar situation.

There is more information on the differences between the USA monitors and Spectraview II software and the Australian / European monitors and Spectraview Profiler software here: SpectraView Differences

See this thread for the final update LL Thread
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 03:21:33 am by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel
Pages: [1]   Go Up