Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 7600 "diaper" frustations  (Read 1853 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

Epson 7600 "diaper" frustations
« on: May 19, 2009, 01:36:13 pm »

Hi all: I have used a 7600 for 4 or 5 years now. I love the printer...it makes beautiful 20"x30" and 24"x36" prints using Bill Atkinson's paper profiles. What I *HATE* is the really dumb cloth and bar "diaper" used to catch the prints. It is forever falling apart. If I cccidently bump it,  down it comes. We are retired and in a small 2 bedroom condo, where space is a premium, so the printer is backed against a wall, where I can't reach the diaper and bars from the rear. I need to get on my belly on the floor and go under it to try to re-attach it. I just this morning put it all back together again, as I had a 20"x30" print order. I used duct tape wrapped around all the connections to try to keep it together.
Anyone found a better solution?
Thanks in advance....    
Dave Gurtcheff
Beach Haven, NJ

Derry

• http://
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 07:17:20 am »

if you don't need to dissemble it why not super glue all the connections,, will certainly hold some tough items together,,

Derry

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 07:05:44 pm »

Quote from: Derry
if you don't need to dissemble it why not super glue all the connections,, will certainly hold some tough items together,,

Derry
Thanks Derry: When it falls apart next time I may try it; however, I have never had much luck with Super Glue. The only thing I have succeeded in gluing with it is my own fingers. I have had some luck with 5 minute epoxy. So far, I haven't kicked the diaper, so the duct tape is still holding.
Thanks again      
Dave

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 08:46:17 pm »

Quote from: Dave Gurtcheff
Thanks Derry: When it falls apart next time I may try it; however, I have never had much luck with Super Glue. The only thing I have succeeded in gluing with it is my own fingers. I have had some luck with 5 minute epoxy. So far, I haven't kicked the diaper, so the duct tape is still holding.
Thanks again      
Dave

Yeah, super glue seems to be super only when on my fingers as well.  Epoxy should work.  Something less permanent that might still hold pretty well is a hot glue gun ..

Ryan Grayley

• RGB Arts Ltd
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 02:12:43 am »

Quote from: Dave Gurtcheff
Thanks again      
Dave

I would stick with duct tape.
Ryan Grayley BA IEng MIET ARPS
RGB Arts Ltd, London, UK

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 01:18:52 pm »

Thanks for all the suggestions.....
Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up