Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questioning DXO Pricing logic  (Read 1181 times)

Stuarte

• http://
Questioning DXO Pricing logic
« on: May 17, 2009, 12:27:15 pm »

Just over a year ago Alain Briot flagged up DxO very favourably.  So I downloaded the trial version and found it made a significant (positive) difference to some of my shots.  I'm a non-professional using a Canon 5D, 24-105, 100-400 and a 100 mm macro.  DxO made a real difference to the shots taken with the 100-400, which account for maybe 5%-7% of my shots.  

The difference in the results is enough to make me a potential buyer of DxO but the pricing model makes no sense to me.  For the 5D I have to get the Pro Elite version, which is pretty much double the price of the standard version.  DxO keep sending emails to flag up how many new body/lens combinations they have added to the package, which is nice but is of zero benefit to me.  I appreciate that enormous effort and expertise has gone into producing the software, and that they've calibrated a gazillion combinations, but again that's of no benefit to me beyond what they offer for my specific combination.

I'm sure there are pricing models that could get more people to buy the software and bring in a load more cash for the DxO people.
Pages: [1]   Go Up