Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon TC-80N3 Controller & EOS 50D  (Read 2843 times)

Shamrock

Canon TC-80N3 Controller & EOS 50D
« on: May 17, 2009, 06:24:50 am »

Canon TC-80N3 Controller & EOS 50D?

I have the Canon TC-80N3 Timer Remote Controller that I used with my EOS D60 dSLR.

I still have the D60 but I’d also like to use the TC-80N3 with my new EOS 50D dSLR.  Both cameras feature the same Remote Control Terminal (N3 type) socket and both  physically accept the TC-80N3.  Still, the 50D is a quantum leap over the D60.

Also, I’ve never used the TC-80N3 in low light situations in conjunction with pop-up camera flash.  I saw no mention in the TC-80N3 instructions.

So, I’d just like to confirm that the TC-80N3 will work seamlessly with the 50D per the foregoing.  

Thanks.

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 08:09:43 am »

If the cable fits in the socket, it will work just fine.

Shamrock

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 11:32:04 pm »

Quote from: Jonathan Wienke
If the cable fits in the socket, it will work just fine.

Cable fits fine but the TC80N3 doesn't work with my EOS 50D.  

I have the illustrated instructions before me and I did everything it says.  Battery is good -- displays are fine, and I can set the remote self-timer for, say, 25 seconds.  I have the 50D set at normal single frame.  But when I try to activate the self-timer, it simply activates the camera shutter -- no delay at all.

Got any clues?

Thanks.

Jonathan Wienke

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 09:53:52 am »

Quote from: Shamrock
I have the illustrated instructions before me and I did everything it says.  Battery is good -- displays are fine, and I can set the remote self-timer for, say, 25 seconds.  I have the 50D set at normal single frame.  But when I try to activate the self-timer, it simply activates the camera shutter -- no delay at all.

Got any clues?

Thanks.

Perhaps you have set the remote to do a 25-second bulb exposure? If so, the remote will trigger the camera immediately. If the camera is in bulb mode, the shutter will stay open for 25 seconds. In continuous shooting mode, the camera will try to shoot continuously for 25 seconds.

Shamrock

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 01:06:05 am »

Perhaps you have set the remote to do a 25-second bulb exposure? If so, the remote will trigger the camera immediately. If the camera is in bulb mode, the shutter will stay open for 25 seconds. In continuous shooting mode, the camera will try to shoot continuously for 25 seconds.

Found the problem.  Everything's interfacing fine.

Thanks for your input.

Jonathan Wienke

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 11:58:08 am »

What was it?

Shamrock

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 05:46:25 pm »

What was it?

Well, I'm embarrassed to say -- but I assumed the large gray slide-button in the center of the device was for starting the self-timer.  Not so.  

One of three smaller buttons on the side was clearly marked Start/Stop.  DUHHH.

Oh the power of self-deception!
Pages: [1]   Go Up