Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Faulty Museo Silver Rag (with pics)  (Read 1296 times)

mattwade

• http://www.mattwadeart.com
Faulty Museo Silver Rag (with pics)
« on: May 16, 2009, 06:28:26 pm »

I couple of weeks ago I posted about banding occurring on prints I was making on 24"x36" Museo Silver Rag cut sheets. I thought my ipf6100 needed adjustment, but when I went through the box of unprinted cut sheets, I discovered that the banding is on every sheet. It doesn't appear over the entire paper area, only in the top half or so. It's much more visible when it's been printed on but then it's only visible at an angle...when you would normally see the gloss. I don't think this flaw should occur in paper that costs $10 a sheet.

So has anyone else seen this? Is this a common phenomenon? Does anyone have any experience returning faulty paper to Museo?

[attachment=13719:faulty_p..._printed.jpg]
[attachment=13720:faulty_paper_blank.jpg]

Thanks.

eleanorbrown

• Eleanor Brown Photography
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 07:28:05 pm »

When Silver was first released about three years ago I was a beta tester and remember several sheets that had this problem and they were definitely defective.  However I have used the paper ever since and have never seen these ridges again...I thought  this was eliminated in production.  I would contact Dave Williams at Museo or your Museo dealer about these paper ridges/banding.  you should be able to return the paper.  Eleanor

Quote from: mattwade
I couple of weeks ago I posted about banding occurring on prints I was making on 24"x36" Museo Silver Rag cut sheets. I thought my ipf6100 needed adjustment, but when I went through the box of unprinted cut sheets, I discovered that the banding is on every sheet. It doesn't appear over the entire paper area, only in the top half or so. It's much more visible when it's been printed on but then it's only visible at an angle...when you would normally see the gloss. I don't think this flaw should occur in paper that costs $10 a sheet.

So has anyone else seen this? Is this a common phenomenon? Does anyone have any experience returning faulty paper to Museo?

[attachment=13719:faulty_p..._printed.jpg]
[attachment=13720:faulty_paper_blank.jpg]

Thanks.
Eleanor Brown
[url=http://www.eleanorbro

PhillyPhotographer

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 07:37:05 pm »

Contact Crane and let them know. I had a problem with really bad curling and they took care of it right away.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 07:37:30 pm by PhillyPhotographer »

mattwade

• http://www.mattwadeart.com
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 01:21:24 pm »

Contacted Museo and they already responded and offered to replace the faulty paper. Great customer service!
Pages: [1]   Go Up