Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 keeps saying I have a longer paper then I do  (Read 1623 times)

dseelig

Z3100 keeps saying I have a longer paper then I do
« on: May 16, 2009, 01:25:19 am »

Z3100 keeps saying I have a longer paper then I do. It prints fine when using an a3 print and a 9 by 14 or so but If I try to print an 8 by 10 on a letter size paper, I get the printer quitting before it is done printing . It misses about a 1/4 inch and the last inch or so is not printed  all the way . I have talked to hp I loaded the latest drivers and firmware no help.
David

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 02:03:45 am »

Take the paper sensor off or just move it a bit. There is a clip engaged under the path that if filled with lint, or has moved sometimes causes this.

dseelig

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 02:30:25 am »

Hi Neil
Hate to sound like an idiot where is the paper sensor How do I get to it. thanks David

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 07:01:47 am »

Quote from: dseelig
Z3100 keeps saying I have a longer paper then I do. It prints fine when using an a3 print and a 9 by 14 or so but If I try to print an 8 by 10 on a letter size paper, I get the printer quitting before it is done printing . It misses about a 1/4 inch and the last inch or so is not printed  all the way . I have talked to hp I loaded the latest drivers and firmware no help.
David

Two possibilities: loading a sheet with Skew Check off  / what Neil mentions

The first will not measure the sheet length but give an arbitrary length longer than the sheet is. If you print economically with the image starting at 5 mm from the edge (Qimage optimal) it shouldn't matter as there's enough paper left for feeding. If you center the image on the print page in the driver it could matter as there's no paper left for feeding.

I guess Neil refers to the contact switch in the insert path of the paper. Take out the feeding spindle at the rear. Go on your back on the floor at the rear of the printer and look upwards. You will notice a small connector between the rear panel and the stand at the side where the larger disc of the spindle uses to be. You can disconnect that when the printer is powered off and then take the rear panel off (4 special screws I forgot the name of). You will see a somewhat delicate switch type of sensor that may have trapped paper lint. Clean and put the panel back. Connect it again.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

New: Dinkla Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 07:30:42 am »

Quote from: dseelig
Hi Neil
Hate to sound like an idiot where is the paper sensor How do I get to it. thanks David

Ernst said it first.  Torx T8 screws I think. It'd be in the 3100 maintenance manual that was posted online somewhere. Try dislodging and reseating first, no need to take apart the printer for this, as it is only the upper lock tab that is easily accessed that needs to be unlocked, from the bottom while you're on the floor.

dseelig

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 04:07:02 pm »

Well I got it working thanks Guys
David
Pages: [1]   Go Up