Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Head Alignment For Thicker Paper on 3800?  (Read 1495 times)

Gregs

Custom Head Alignment For Thicker Paper on 3800?
« on: May 15, 2009, 09:14:54 am »

I'm printing with the Epson 3800 using both epson exhiibition fiber and Harman FB AL. My question relates to performing a maintanence head alignment on the 3800. Using automatic algnment through the printer, one is restricted to traditional paper choices; e.g., premium luster, glossy etc. If the heads are aligned as such for one of those papers, does the alignment work on thicker papers as well (carry over to all papers), or does one have to do a custom alignment specifically for a thicker paper like EEF to achieve optimum print quality? I.e., if I align automatically using premium luster, is the printer now "aligned" for all subsequent paper types, as long as I enter the correct paper thickness in the paper configuration setting dialog box. Or must I enter paper thickness AND perform a custom alignment using EEF. Thanks.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 12:12:19 pm »

Quote from: Gregs
Using automatic algnment through the printer, one is restricted to traditional paper choices; e.g., premium luster, glossy etc. If the heads are aligned as such for one of those papers, does the alignment work on thicker papers as well (carry over to all papers)

Yes...

Gregs

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 10:19:26 pm »

Quote from: Schewe
Yes...

Confused! "Yes" meaning you do or don't need to ciustom align for thicker papers?? Thanks.

Gregs

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 10:41:12 pm »

Ah - yes to the quote! Arrrgh. Tx
Pages: [1]   Go Up