Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New promo from Hassey-H3DII 31 $12995 w/o lens  (Read 4936 times)

SeanBK

New promo from Hassey-H3DII 31 $12995 w/o lens
« on: May 13, 2009, 08:46:39 am »

This morning I received from my Hasselblad dealer;
   "Purchase the H3DII-31 (31mp) for only $12,995.  Includes body, digital back and prism.  Lease this option for about $485 per month (ask for details).
OR
Purchase the H3DII-31 (31mp) kit for only $14,995 ($3,000 off regular price), Includes body, digital back, prism and 80mm lens.  Lease this option for about $560 per month (ask for details).
Offers are valid until June 30, 2009."
    This is brand new camera & back, closing the gap between DSLR & MF. Though I do wonder what this does to upcoming Leica S2?  

Justin Berman

• http://www.justinberman.com
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 10:28:22 am »

Quote from: SeanBK
   "Purchase the H3DII-31 (31mp) for only $12,995.  Includes body, digital back and prism.  Lease this option for about $485 per month (ask for details).
OR
Purchase the H3DII-31 (31mp) kit for only $14,995 ($3,000 off regular price), Includes body, digital back, prism and 80mm lens.  Lease this option for about $560 per month (ask for details).
Offers are valid until June 30, 2009."
    This is brand new camera & back, closing the gap between DSLR & MF. Though I do wonder what this does to upcoming Leica S2?

If by brand new you mean that it is the same as the H3d-31, then yes. Otherwise I don't see the brand new connotation. *shrug*

SeanBK

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 11:03:24 am »

Quote from: Justin Berman
If by brand new you mean that it is the same as the H3d-31, then yes. Otherwise I don't see the brand new connotation. *shrug*

Brand new means it is not refurbished & it is H3DII 31, which is their current line.

Justin Berman

• http://www.justinberman.com
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 12:03:33 pm »

Brand new means it is not refurbished & it is H3DII 31, which is their current line.

Now, one thing I think is VERY interesting is that B&H has some special 3000 dollar instant rebate on the H3dii-31 /w 80mm lens for only 13995.

That seems like a damn fine price. only 1000 dollars for a 2k lens... http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/5229...tal_Camera.html

SeanBK

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 03:17:47 pm »

Quote from: Justin Berman
Now, one thing I think is VERY interesting is that B&H has some special 3000 dollar instant rebate on the H3dii-31 /w 80mm lens for only 13995.

That seems like a damn fine price. only 1000 dollars for a 2k lens... http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/5229...tal_Camera.html

Yes, I believe the price gap between DSLR & MF is closing, the drawback is nobody is volunteering any trade-ins. Though this this also effects the used MF backs pricing too.

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 03:48:37 pm »

Yes, I believe the price gap between DSLR & MF is closing, the drawback is nobody is volunteering any trade-ins. Though this this also effects the used MF backs pricing too.

Phase One is now offering a similar deal with the P30+ (31MP), Phase One 645 Body, Phase One 80mm and Capture One Pro for $16,990.00.  The best thing is that it's upgradeable!
Please contact your local dealer to for more information or if you would like a demonstration.

[attachment=13645:Picture_5.png]

Chris Lawery(e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

clawery

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 05:02:53 pm »

There is also a full thread devoted to the the Phase One P30+ offer.

Chris Lawery(e-mail Me)

BJL

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 05:18:26 pm »

"Purchase the H3DII-31 (31mp) for only $12,995.  Includes body, digital back and prism. ...
This is brand new camera & back, closing the gap between DSLR & MF.
Do not mistake the discounting of aging models for a downward trend in the price for new models.

This (as with the P30+) is discounting of a product with a previous generation 31MP 44x33mm sensor, whose market value is being driven down by the arrival of backs using the new generation 40MP sensors of that size, like the P40+. I expect a Hasselblad "H3DII-40" with a 40MP, 44x33mm sensor real soon now.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 05:19:26 pm by BJL »

BobDavid

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 05:42:34 pm »

I wouldn't compare a Phase back on a Mamiya camera to a Hassey back on a Hasselblad body. The backs are comparable, but there is no comparison between the H body and a Phamiya. The H is highly responsive, customizeable, and takes a great range of leaf shutter lenses. The viewfinder is much better too and you have the option of using a waistfinder which is very sharp and bright -- great for copy work. The Hassey prism finder is excellent and it has that cute little pop-up flash for catch lights and fill.

RobertJ

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 06:34:48 pm »

As BJL indicated, these "promotions" are basically to get ready for new products coming out, which will still be severely overpriced.  It's not like MFD prices are going down or anything, this is just obsolete crap being offered a lower prices...  

And when I say crap, I mean, pretty darn good camera systems that should last most photographers a long time (6 months).

DesW

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 07:13:07 pm »

Quote from: BobDavid
I wouldn't compare a Phase back on a Mamiya camera to a Hassey back on a Hasselblad body. The backs are comparable, but there is no comparison between the H body and a Phamiya. The H is highly responsive, customizeable, and takes a great range of leaf shutter lenses. The viewfinder is much better too and you have the option of using a waistfinder which is very sharp and bright -- great for copy work. The Hassey prism finder is excellent and it has that cute little pop-up flash for catch lights and fill.

Hi,

I totally agree-- that "Phamiya" body reminds me of my Daewoo Nubira (Car!) functionality at it's lowest ebb. Frankly the daily Piss taking and sniping from the Phase/ Blad Sales Shackers on this forum

is becoming juicer reading than the boring Daily newspapers-

Ah the smell of Napalm in the morning!

DesW

paul_jones

• http://www.paulrossjones.com
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 10:21:30 pm »

Quote from: DesW
Hi,

I totally agree-- that "Phamiya" body reminds me of my Daewoo Nubira (Car!) functionality at it's lowest ebb. Frankly the daily Piss taking and sniping from the Phase/ Blad Sales Shackers on this forum

DesW

also, its assumed that buying a phase camera with a phase back is the only way to buy phase one solution. i still think think the combination of an older, but readily available h1/2 with a phase back is a great combo, and good value with a p30 or p30+.

this is just my opinion, but i have used both the h1 and mamiya a lot (with phase backs), and the mamiya is a bloody awful camera. theres a few things i dont like about the hassy, but its still streets ahead in many areas.

paul
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 10:25:02 pm by paul_jones »
check my new website
[url=http://www.pau

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 04:25:42 am »

Quote from: DesW
Hi,

DesW

Hey Des,

Well from this Shacker here   I hope I would rather talk about the strengths of the H3D complete solution than worry about what the next man is doing.

Normally customers can see sort the wheat from the chaff and make their own minds up.... I hope!

Ta,

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

O.Ricter

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 08:39:41 am »

Hi Chris

Yes, almost the same price - but who would like to buy a bundle of P30+ and Mamiya 645 (P1)?

You can not compare a 645 Mamiya system (P1 system) with an H-system H3D-II - you know this - everybody knows that!

O.R.

Quote from: clawery
Phase One is now offering a similar deal with the P30+ (31MP), Phase One 645 Body, Phase One 80mm and Capture One Pro for $16,990.00.  The best thing is that it's upgradeable!
Please contact your local dealer to for more information or if you would like a demonstration.

[attachment=13645:Picture_5.png]

Chris Lawery(e-mail Me)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 09:37:28 am »

Quote from: O.Ricter
Yes, almost the same price - but who would like to buy a bundle of P30+ and Mamiya 645 (P1)?

You can not compare a 645 Mamiya system (P1 system) with an H-system H3D-II - you know this - everybody knows that!

Apparently the many satisfied users of the Phase One platform are not as knowledgeable as you.

It is in fact quite easy to compare them, and each has advantages and disadvantages. The Phase One body is open to any digital back manufacturer (Leaf, Sinar, Phase and Mamiya all have backs for it) and is open to a very large range of third party glass, while the H3 system is a closed ecosystem. The H3 body has more options (e.g. the intervalometer) but the Phase One has more simplicity. The Phase One uses a focal plane shutter and therefore it's lenses are smaller, lighter, extremely unlikely to fail, and can go to 1/4000th. The H body uses leaf shutter lenses and therefore can sync at any flash speed.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 09:46:47 am by dougpetersonci »

clawery

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 09:39:12 am »

Quote from: O.Ricter
Hi Chris

O.R.

O.R.  

As Paul has stated you can put a Phase One on any platform H1, H2, Contax, RZ, Hasselblad V.  I would suggest trying the current
Phase One body and lenses.  The focus system is vastly improved and faster.  Shutter lag has been addressed and has been reduced.
The chassis and lenses are now much more rugged!  This isn't the same old Mamiya AFD you remember of old!

Chris Lawery(e-mail Me)

O.Ricter

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 05:01:24 am »

Hi Guys

Thank you for your reply.

I have tested the 645 Mamiya/Phase solution and P45+ back and I am still not impressed with the camera body and lenses, however, I have heard that you are working on a totally new improved camera platform - it that true? If yes. when can we expect to test this new equipment?

Best regards,

O.R.

Quote from: clawery
O.R.  

As Paul has stated you can put a Phase One on any platform H1, H2, Contax, RZ, Hasselblad V.  I would suggest trying the current
Phase One body and lenses.  The focus system is vastly improved and faster.  Shutter lag has been addressed and has been reduced.
The chassis and lenses are now much more rugged!  This isn't the same old Mamiya AFD you remember of old!

Chris Lawery(e-mail Me)

SeanBK

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 08:59:18 am »

My O.P was/is the price has been dropped significantly by Hasselblad for their current line of 31MP, as pointed out by Justin Berman with the link to BH site  

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/5229...tal_Camera.html

that Hassey 31MP H3dII 31 IS selling for $13995. with the lens, while Phamiya is $3000 more??
   So even if one agrees they are both comparable than still Hassey is closer to DSLR than Phase is, by $3000. In these economic times, if one were to compete with an established product, then the lower price is usually starting point of the conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up