Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 2200: Need help  (Read 2029 times)

walter.sk

Epson 2200: Need help
« on: May 12, 2009, 02:00:50 pm »

I still have not got my Z3100 back on its feet, and needed to make some 13x19 prints. I have an old Epson 2200, not used in over a year, with the ink cartridges still in the slots.  I had a dismal result with the nozzle check, and did a number of head cleanings, which helped.  I could not get *any* yellow ink in the nozzle check, so I changed the cart to a new one and did more head cleanings.  All of the colors do fine except yellow, even with the new cart.

Is there anything I can do, short of a ball-peen adjustment with the hammer I keep under the desk?

situgrrl

• http://www.charlyburnett.com
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 12:22:22 pm »

Try saturating 2 kitchen towels in isoproyl alcohol and stuffing it into the cartridge slot and also under the print head.  Wait 4 hours, replace, cross fingers and try again.  More info here http://www.marrutt.com/epson-2100-support.php  You can buy it from your local chemist/drug store/probably not the guy calling white and brown on the street corner.  

If you fail, give Marrutt a ring - they are so helpful, it's worth the international call rate!  I think it's Ian you need to talk to.

If neither of them work, I have another plan which worked on a cheapy printer years ago.....

walter.sk

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 04:09:14 pm »

Quote from: situgrrl
Try saturating 2 kitchen towels in isoproyl alcohol and stuffing it into the cartridge slot and also under the print head.  Wait 4 hours, replace, cross fingers and try again.  More info here http://www.marrutt.com/epson-2100-support.php  You can buy it from your local chemist/drug store/probably not the guy calling white and brown on the street corner.  

If you fail, give Marrutt a ring - they are so helpful, it's worth the international call rate!  I think it's Ian you need to talk to.

If neither of them work, I have another plan which worked on a cheapy printer years ago.....
Thanks.  I checked out the Marrutt website and learned a lot.  Earlier today I ordered some cleaning solution from www.fixyourownprinter.com that they claim is the same stuff that Epson uses.  I presume they are honest about it, and I should receive it in a day or so.  They recommend injecting it into the nipple that enters the ink cartridge,  and I will try that first.  Then I will try the Marrutt routine, which makes sense.  I'll keep you posted here.

walter.sk

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 10:48:54 am »

Quote from: situgrrl

I pulled the yellow ink cart (yellow was the only non-printing color in the nozzle check) and injected the fluid I received from www.fixyourownprinter.com with the syringe they send with it. I had placed 2 layers of paper towel under the printhead assembly first.  After some 12 hours I removed the soggy paper towel, which had soaked up ink from the head assembly as well as the sponge over which the heads sit at rest.  I ran 1 head cleaning and then got a perfect nozzle check!

Thanks for the input!
Pages: [1]   Go Up