Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC 2690 calibrated with ColorEyes experience  (Read 2494 times)

tived

• http://
NEC 2690 calibrated with ColorEyes experience
« on: May 11, 2009, 10:53:42 pm »

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to give you my experience with the above mention combination.

I have downloaded the Demo of ColorEyes, I have a setup of my new NEC 2690 v2 non spectraview and an old Dell 2405 (I wonder how I could see before?) I setup the NEC to aRGB and started to calibrate it, I took me well over 3 hours to get the result I wanted. Being unfamiliar with the software, I had to do things a few times back and forth, but in the end, I was very happy.

I had a job due and I ran a press check on an HP Indigo 3000 and the prints came out with, to my eyes, a print to screen match. The prepress guy was most impressed, as he said, I don't usually have people walking in off the street asking for a press check, and walking away with a match on the first go (I am sure this happens to everyone else). Needless to say, I am very pleased. (Note*, I was able to work my images to this standard, because of the many people here (you know who you are! thanks) contributing with their time and knowledge. In particular helpful was the document, "Preparing Images for Delivery" by Jeff Schewe, that he wrote for Adobe, it helped me change my head space around.)

What most blew my mind away with this new screen and (maybe due to a better calibration software) was the details I could suddenly see. I work on a EIZO CG24xW at work so I am already spoiled, but I felt that this combination made a different.

I used my iOne Display 2 to calibrate with, now wondering if something better could yield an even better result :-)

Thanks everyone

Henrik
Pages: [1]   Go Up