Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't print directly from CS4 in 64 bit Mode but works fine in 32 bit mode  (Read 1074 times)

robertDthomas

• Robert Thomas Photography

I have not been able to print directly to either of my HP B9180 or Z3100 from CS4 64. This has not been too much of a problem as I have either opened CS4 in the 32 bit mode or printed from LR2 or Qimage. But, it is a little aggrivating having to open another application to print an image that I am editing in CS4 64. When I try to print I do not get any error messge until I close out CS4 64 that's when I get the Vista message of 'trying to correct an error' or something like that. No such problem with any of other applications on my machine for printing or any other function.

I have an Intel i920 processor on an ASUS MB with 12MB of RAM and Vista 64 Ultimate. I believe I did activate the graphics acceleration capability with CS4 (or maybe that happens automatically). I am at my other job now so I can't check the graphics board model or manufacturer.

Anyone have any suggestions???

jecxz

• http://www.jecxz.com

Quote from: robertDthomas
I have not been able to print directly to either of my HP B9180 or Z3100 from CS4 64. This has not been too much of a problem as I have either opened CS4 in the 32 bit mode or printed from LR2 or Qimage. But, it is a little aggrivating having to open another application to print an image that I am editing in CS4 64. When I try to print I do not get any error messge until I close out CS4 64 that's when I get the Vista message of 'trying to correct an error' or something like that. No such problem with any of other applications on my machine for printing or any other function.

I have an Intel i920 processor on an ASUS MB with 12MB of RAM and Vista 64 Ultimate. I believe I did activate the graphics acceleration capability with CS4 (or maybe that happens automatically). I am at my other job now so I can't check the graphics board model or manufacturer.

Anyone have any suggestions???
I'm running Vista 64 Ultimate and CS4 without any printing issues, to an Epson 9800 (and 2200 occasionally).

I was going to suggest checking if the printer status says "Ready" but since you've said you can print to them in 32-bit mode... that rules that out. Have you checked at HP's support for issues with Vista 64 and CS4? Are there 64-bit drives for these printers (I assume you would have checked that though)?

Oddly, I'm not have ANY issues running Vista 64 (touch wood). Sorry I could not be of much help. Let me know the solution when you find it; good luck.

Kind regards,
Derek
Pages: [1]   Go Up