Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: c1 4.7 applying adjustments  (Read 2985 times)

tmx3

c1 4.7 applying adjustments
« on: May 10, 2009, 11:19:15 am »

I've just noticed another infuriating default with c1 4.8 - can anyone explain if there is a quick workaround. Say you have one image (image 1) that you have put the sliders for exposure, saturation, contrast and brightness to maximum (2.5 in exposures case). You have a second image (image 2) and you set exposure to +1 and leave everything else on 0 (as shot). You decide that you would like to apply the settings from image 2 to image one. However what you end up with is exposure being changed to +1 but the other settings remaining on maximum rather than 0.
In 3.7 it would have copied over all settings with one click. What 4.8 seems to do is only apply adjustments rather than the entire settings for that image. Is there a quick way to copy all settings?

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 11:29:57 am »

Right click on the thumbnail image of the file you made the adjustments on . Hit copy settings than click on file you want adjusts on and hit apply settings. Or you can  do 1 or the whole folder of images to those adjustments. Many times I will WB one image select all than go up to adjustments menu and copy to the whole folder BUT make sure you go to edit and deselect or else if you hit process that one image they will ALL process. I have done that a few times. They need to make it if you click on any image it deselects all of them automatically.
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

tmx3

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 11:35:53 am »

Quote from: Guy Mancuso
Right click on the thumbnail image of the file you made the adjustments on . Hit copy settings than click on file you want adjusts on and hit apply settings. Or you can  do 1 or the whole folder of images to those adjustments. Many times I will WB one image select all than go up to adjustments menu and copy to the whole folder BUT make sure you go to edit and deselect or else if you hit process that one image they will ALL process. I have done that a few times. They need to make it if you click on any image it deselects all of them automatically.

Hi Guy thanks for your response but i think

tmx3

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 11:40:16 am »

Hi Guy thanks for your response but i think you have misunderstood. A simpler way of explain this is try to apply the settings of an unadjusted image to a adjusted one (effecteively attempting to reset it, but this is for example). It doesn't work. C1 4.8 doesn't copy neutral settings. At the moment if i wanted to do as my opneing example I would have to copy settings, reset the images i wanted to apply, then apply settings. thats 3 steps instead of one - having real issues with the idea that this software is an improvement.

tmx3

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 11:54:13 am »

Actually, i've managed to solve this, although god knows why this is the default. in the adjustments tab, in the drop down you need to make sure "autoselected adjusted" is off.

selsoe

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 12:28:38 pm »

Quote from: tmx3
I've just noticed another infuriating default with c1 4.8 - can anyone explain if there is a quick workaround. Say you have one image (image 1) that you have put the sliders for exposure, saturation, contrast and brightness to maximum (2.5 in exposures case). You have a second image (image 2) and you set exposure to +1 and leave everything else on 0 (as shot). You decide that you would like to apply the settings from image 2 to image one. However what you end up with is exposure being changed to +1 but the other settings remaining on maximum rather than 0.
In 3.7 it would have copied over all settings with one click. What 4.8 seems to do is only apply adjustments rather than the entire settings for that image. Is there a quick way to copy all settings?

The reason why the settings with value 0 isn't copied is because you haven't adjusted them. Only "touched" settings will be copied. However they can still be copied. When you have copied the settings from image 2, go to the adjustments clipboard (one of the tool tabs) and select all the unadjusted settings you want copied as well, then apply them to image 1.

tmx3

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 01:06:48 pm »

Quote from: selsoe
The reason why the settings with value 0 isn't copied is because you haven't adjusted them. Only "touched" settings will be copied. However they can still be copied. When you have copied the settings from image 2, go to the adjustments clipboard (one of the tool tabs) and select all the unadjusted settings you want copied as well, then apply them to image 1.

I understand it doesn't copy unadjusted settings -this is my frustration. Your suggestion is a little inaccurate - unless "autoselect adjusted" is off it wont copy unadjusted settings, even if you tick the unadjusted settings box before you copy. The boxes will become unticked when you copy.  In C1 3.7 if you wanted to images to have identical settings you just clicked "apply settings".  Nothing about transfering from the old to the new is intuitive. I am clicking three times in 4.8 where in 3.7 it was one click. In terms of making things as convulted and counterintuitive C1 4.8 is as bad a flexcolor was. I'd say that phocus and c1 4.8 are now more or less on a par, wheras previously c1 was out in front by a mile.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 02:20:46 pm »

I understand it doesn't copy unadjusted settings -this is my frustration. Your suggestion is a little inaccurate - unless "autoselect adjusted" is off it wont copy unadjusted settings, even if you tick the unadjusted settings box before you copy. The boxes will become unticked when you copy.  In C1 3.7 if you wanted to images to have identical settings you just clicked "apply settings".  Nothing about transfering from the old to the new is intuitive. I am clicking three times in 4.8 where in 3.7 it was one click. In terms of making things as convulted and counterintuitive C1 4.8 is as bad a flexcolor was. I'd say that phocus and c1 4.8 are now more or less on a par, wheras previously c1 was out in front by a mile.

Copy first, THEN click any boxes for items you wish to adjust.

If you want it to behave like 3 then turn off auto-select adjusted and then "select all" under the adjustments pane and forever more you will always copy and paste every setting.

The idea is that if you're making individual-image adjustments like tweaking exposures up and down 0.1 stops that you could still adjust something like white balance on a fresh image and quickly copy paste that ADJUSTED setting to the other X number of images without also removing all those individual-image adjustments.

I know it's very frustrating that default behaviors changed, but once you adapt it I think this is a faster way for most workflows than in 3.X, and if you disagree (which I would understand since everyone's workflow needs are different) then with two quick changes you can make it the same as 3.X where it syncs all settings.

This is one of the topics we cover in our Capture One Online training.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 02:21:52 pm by dougpetersonci »

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 05:32:29 pm »

Hi Guy thanks for your response but i think you have misunderstood. A simpler way of explain this is try to apply the settings of an unadjusted image to a adjusted one (effecteively attempting to reset it, but this is for example). It doesn't work. C1 4.8 doesn't copy neutral settings. At the moment if i wanted to do as my opneing example I would have to copy settings, reset the images i wanted to apply, then apply settings. thats 3 steps instead of one - having real issues with the idea that this software is an improvement.

I did misunderstand , my bad. Glad you figured it out
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

tmx3

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 05:37:04 pm »

I did misunderstand , my bad. Glad you figured it out

No worries - thanks for taking the time to respond - i can't ever say i've never skim read a forum post or misunderstood a question myself!

tmx3

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 05:51:14 pm »

In c1 3.7 if i had set "tool operation" set to apply to all selected images (in preferences) I could (with multpile images selected) affect changes to all selected. In c1 4.7 if I want to delete multiple images i hold down alt, if i want to batch process I hold down shift- is there an equivalent with making adjustments  (e.g. holding down a key while dragging the exposure slider) or is copy/paste the only way?

kevinwilson

• http://www.kevinwilson.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 07:23:34 am »

In windows, you are able to adjust exposure with CtrL + & - is this posible on mac key board?
TIA
Pages: [1]   Go Up