Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC 2690 ColorEyes  (Read 4480 times)

tived

• http://
NEC 2690 ColorEyes
« on: May 10, 2009, 02:51:38 am »

Hi guys,

//venting on
currently here in AUstralia, 2nd grade country according to NEC, at least we are not entitled to purchase the software locally, unless we purchase their Spectraview line, over the Multiview line.
//venting off :-/

So, the question is, can ColorEyes replace the SpectraviewII or any other software for that matter?

thanks

Henrik

howardm

NEC 2690 ColorEyes
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 08:07:56 am »

no way to 'import' it ???  via re-shipping or a friend in the US?

I believe the NEC software is uniquely able to work w/ the internal display hardware.

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
NEC 2690 ColorEyes
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 09:36:35 am »

Quote from: tived
Hi guys,

//venting on
currently here in AUstralia, 2nd grade country according to NEC, at least we are not entitled to purchase the software locally, unless we purchase their Spectraview line, over the Multiview line.
//venting off :-/

So, the question is, can ColorEyes replace the SpectraviewII or any other software for that matter?

thanks

Henrik

No. There's a trick to activate Spectraview mode in Multisync 2690WUXi (swich the panel on with "INPUT" button pressed to activate the advanced menu, go to tag "E" and press "RIGHT" and "DOWN" buttons simultenously) , so you can calibrate it with Spectraview display 4 aka basICColor display 4, but it doesn't work with newer panels. The only solution to hardware calibrate any 2690WUXi is to get Spectraview II profiler that's available exclusively on North American market.
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

tived

NEC 2690 ColorEyes
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 10:59:30 am »

Quote from: Czornyj
No. There's a trick to activate Spectraview mode in Multisync 2690WUXi (swich the panel on with "INPUT" button pressed to activate the advanced menu, go to tag "E" and press "RIGHT" and "DOWN" buttons simultenously) , so you can calibrate it with Spectraview display 4 aka basICColor display 4, but it doesn't work with newer panels. The only solution to hardware calibrate any 2690WUXi is to get Spectraview II profiler that's available exclusively on North American market.

thanks

i do have the newer version here, with a 2 in the end

hmm, i'll see if I can get my old brother to act as my middleman....ohh, that is going to cost me :-)

Henrik

msbc

NEC 2690 ColorEyes
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 08:14:04 pm »

thanks

i do have the newer version here, with a 2 in the end

hmm, i'll see if I can get my old brother to act as my middleman....ohh, that is going to cost me :-)

Henrik

I was lusting after the 2690 but went with a Dell 3008WFP for just this reason. The Spectraview models are ridiculously priced in Australia - over $3000 - and NEC Australia refuses to provide access to the software to calibrate the MultiSync version. I looked at importing the s/w from USA but read some posts on another forum that the local screens are also nobbled not to work with the USA Spectarview II s/w.
Mark Connell
Melbourne, Australia

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
NEC 2690 ColorEyes
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 08:15:30 pm »

et Spectraview II profiler that's available exclusively on North American market.

Now also available in Australia Imaging Science
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 08:17:45 pm by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

tived

NEC 2690 ColorEyes
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 08:39:02 pm »

Quote from: Josh-H
Now also available in Australia Imaging Science

HI Josh,

Nice website!

anyway ImageScience sells NEC's but they do not sell the software separately AFAIK, at least that is not what I understood when I last spoke to Jeremy, good bloke! though.

Henrik

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
NEC 2690 ColorEyes
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 12:43:49 am »

HI Josh,

Nice website!

anyway ImageScience sells NEC's but they do not sell the software separately AFAIK, at least that is not what I understood when I last spoke to Jeremy, good bloke! though.

Henrik

You are correct - you cant purchase the software separately in Australia - but you can order it from the USA if you have a USA shipping address you can send it to - which is what I did. It works out a lot cheaper to locally purchase a 2690 Wuxi and order the software from the US than it does to purchase a spectraview locally.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

tived

NEC 2690 ColorEyes
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 06:28:02 pm »

Quote from: Josh-H
You are correct - you cant purchase the software separately in Australia - but you can order it from the USA if you have a USA shipping address you can send it to - which is what I did. It works out a lot cheaper to locally purchase a 2690 Wuxi and order the software from the US than it does to purchase a spectraview locally.

Well, it looks like that is the way it is going to be. Thanks everyone.

Henrik
Pages: [1]   Go Up