Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase P30+ offer $16995 with camera  (Read 19663 times)

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
Phase P30+ offer $16995 with camera
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2009, 05:22:45 pm »

Quote from: SeanBK
Just check out Pre-certifed list on Hasselbladusa site. H3D-31 w/o lens for $9,995 which is $7000 less than Phase One 31MP product. In other words Phase One wants to charge 70% more than the established system, using the same sensor and YES, IT IS NOT H3D II-31 and it is used, but still the 31MP sensor. Also see 22MP backs @ $7995 & H3D 39 @ $12995. All I am saying is $16995 for Phase One back & not a proven camera is exhorbitant.... Compared to Hassey's offering.

Sean

You are not comparing apples to apples. If you are discussing an H3D-31 with no lens for $9,995, then that price is pretty easily matched by most Phase One dealers. You are comparing it to the P30+ kit, rather than P30 kit, which is the appropriate generational comparison.

And while getting the lowest cost is attractive, it is not our objection as a company to deliver the lowest cost, but rather the best value for you to spend your money on.

Steve Hendrix
Phase One
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

narikin

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2009, 05:31:38 pm »

Quote from: Snook
Hey Guy I just saw your post and was wondering something. Why would you "want" a focal plane shutter?
I am a mamiya guy for about 20 years now and was happy back in the days when they had Leaf shutter lens. Actually they were the only lens that went on my camera except for the 120 Macro and 110 2.8
Even on my Pentax 6x7 system I had all the leaf shutter lens.
I have been totally dissapointed with mamiya not coming up with atleast 1 leafshutter lens that they have been promising for years now!!!
Or even an adaptor for the old lens would be great!!!
Snook
damn Snook you're like a broken record on this leaf shutter business.
there's lots of people with needs different from yours, and I guess all those very happy campers who have been using Mamiya (and Contax and Hassie mostly) with focal plane shutters are "wrong" according to you.

I like and need a focal plane shutter, the fast speeds are great for my work,  and same for the huge majority I suspect, so, please give it a rest will you.
we GET the message you would like a leaf shutter - and posting it here again and again and... AGAIN... isnt going to change anything, it just makes people not take you seriously

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2009, 05:32:28 pm »

Quote from: bcooter
Steve,

I don't understand your numbers and medium format is all about numbers, right?

For a Phase P65+ at stated retail prices your talking approx. $31,500 more than a Nikon D3x.  That 4 and 1/2 times the price of the top of the line phase vs. top of the line Nikon, 5 times the price of a top of the  line Canon.

For a top of the line 50mpx Hasselblad it's maybe $10,000 less than the Phase but of course that's still 4 times the price of the Nikon and once you build a system we're back to 5 times the price.

Maybe your prices of $15,000-$20,000 are correct when your talking previous generation medium format models in the 30 to 39mpx range, but that equipment if falling out of the trees lightly used at almost even up Nikon/Canon prices.

What I really don't understand in your reply is the mention "intend to stay in business".  We've all heard this talk of some maker(s) going away for years now, on this site, on this forum and from dealers and reps for a few years.

If I was in the medium format camera making business, this is the last phrase I would use, even if it was true, even if I had "insider" information, as it doesn't take much to spook anyone in the market for anything of high expense and mentioning this can become a self fullfilling prophecy.   Look at Chrysler and GM.

B

My only point is - and yes a better choice of words does exist - that there is a threshold by which medium format companies can reduce their price by and still make a profit. I believe we're pretty close to that right now, so I don't see much room for further significant reductions. And that any company selling product also has such a threshold to maintain for profitability. I did not mean to infer that companies were at risk.

Current, not previous generation products in the 30MP - 39MP range are available for $15,000 - $20,000. That similar products of older generations are also available lightly used for less is just further proof of my other point that medium format options are available for much less of a delta compared to 35mm than just a year ago.

Steve Hendrix
Phase One
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

heinrichvoelkel

« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2009, 06:15:16 pm »

Quote from: narikin

we GET the message you would like a leaf shutter - and posting it here again and again and... AGAIN... isnt going to change anything,

Narikin, I guess it is not so much the question of what Snook wants, it is a question of what PhaseOne promised to sell. Up to now there is nothing and they promised the lens for delivery some time ago. Every time the PhaseOne leaf shutter lenses are mentioned, there is dead silence from the reps and dealers. I asked it before, never got answered. Maybe you remeber the first anouncements regarding the PhaseOne camera. "Best of both worlds" "compatible with our soon to be released leaf shutter lenses" .....and so on.

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2009, 07:18:47 pm »

It has been about 2 months since Phase One has a controlling interest in Mamiya. There is still items to come this year, DF body, grip & 80mm LS lens. Also the new Mamiya backs M18, M25 & M31. (all current Phase backs with a Mamiya badge). That new Red camera coming next year that will mount 645 Mamiya glass looks exciting.
Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

wolfbellw.

• http://www.wolfgang-bellwinkel.de
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2009, 08:04:19 pm »

Quote from: heinrichvoelkel
Narikin, I guess it is not so much the question of what Snook wants, it is a question of what PhaseOne promised to sell. Up to now there is nothing and they promised the lens for delivery some time ago. Every time the PhaseOne leaf shutter lenses are mentioned, there is dead silence from the reps and dealers. I asked it before, never got answered. Maybe you remeber the first anouncements regarding the PhaseOne camera. "Best of both worlds" "compatible with our soon to be released leaf shutter lenses" .....and so on.

absolutely right heinrich, its a pain!
on photokina the mamiya guys showed me some prototypes of the lenses and i was told they
are coming early this year. i bought the camera hoping that including the usual delay i can get them in early summer.
but it seems i was pretty naive again. deafening silence whenever i ask somebody official today.
i call that unfair practices, actually a pretty impertinent way of  cheating customers - i might have bought another camera if i would have known that. and yes, all those sales members who usually like to praise their products in this forum are warmly  invited to give a little explanation regarding the issue.

PHOTO ZARA

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2009, 10:04:11 pm »

there's lots of people with needs different from yours, and I guess all those very happy campers who have been using Mamiya (and Contax and Hassie mostly) with focal plane shutters are "wrong" according to you.

I like and need a focal plane shutter, the fast speeds are great for my work,  and same for the huge majority I suspect, so, please give it a rest will you.
we GET the message you would like a leaf shutter - and posting it here again and again and... AGAIN... isnt going to change anything, it just makes people not take you seriously

you are kidding right

Snook

« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2009, 10:34:54 pm »

Hey Bonehead.
I am  not the one that promised Leaf shutter lens'..
I also never gave my opinion about focal plane shutters, I ask why that was a necessity in the post by guy. He said he needed them and was wondering why. So where you got I was giving any advice or opion. I think you need to read it again...

Push the ignore (me) button if you don't like me asking about something..

Thanks

Snook

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2009, 11:00:44 pm »

Well Snook my theory and it is only a theory no inside data is Mamiya was having some money issues awhile back but the infusion of money from Phase may have solved this but it may just have delayed a lot of those promised lenses. Now this is a theory and could be totally wrong but just a gut feeling. I do agree though we need to see those lenses and if they can crank out a newly designed body than that would certainly make me a happy camper.
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

heinrichvoelkel

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2009, 03:36:14 pm »

silence is golden....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up