Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Antelope Canyon beams  (Read 2421 times)

Khurram

Antelope Canyon beams
« on: May 07, 2009, 08:48:27 am »

I'm trying to schedule a trip to the southwest (arizona/Utah) in the fall and want to know when is the latest time in Sept or October to get decent beams at Antelope canyon, to try and decide when to schedule Page into my trip.

I'd appreciate any feedback!
----
[url=http://www.pbase.com/kssphotog

Kevin Ebi

• http://www.livingwilderness.com
Antelope Canyon beams
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 07:56:56 pm »

Since nobody else has replied, I'll give you my input, even though I haven't been through the canyon in the fall. I'm going to guess that you're not going to get any beams that late in the year. The canyon is narrow and deep, so you need the sun to be overhead in order for any direct sunlight to reach the canyon floor.  I would guess that by August, your potential for beams is greatly diminished.

I would still visit the canyon, though. The colors of the canyon walls earlier and later in the day are just stunning, and I've made some of my favorite images when the light was low.

dspeed

Antelope Canyon beams
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 09:09:25 am »

Quote from: Khurram
want to know when is the latest time in Sept or October to get decent beams at Antelope canyon

I think that is too late in the year for beams.  IIRC, the earliest was May and I would expect rough symmetry around June 21.

Google Antelope Canyon guides and call one.  I went with 'Chief Tsosie'  (took the longer
Photographer Tour' in March and was very pleased).

Dave
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 09:10:04 am by dspeed »

summitgreen

Antelope Canyon beams
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 12:28:01 pm »

I went in april and the beams were looking great! Make sure you take the photography tour which is around $50 a person and NOT the regular tour.

First time it's kind of hectic with 12 people in the group trying to get the shots. But overall it's a fun time. Good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up