Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: color laser copy paper in 2400  (Read 1261 times)

a_krause

color laser copy paper in 2400
« on: May 06, 2009, 12:18:59 pm »

hey there

so i was thinking about printing on some glossy copy paper , not for good prints but rather im putting a book together and need to just figure out order and pacing, and thought this paper is cheap and has a glossy surface, so could possibly work. Has anyone ever tried this? would it harm the printer in anyway?

Or are there any relatively cheaper  glossy/luster photo papers that would work just as good?

thanks
adam

Randy Carone

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 01:14:35 pm »

It won't hurt the printer, but unless it has an inkjet receptive coating, the ink may not bond. Send text or a small, cropped section of a photo to determine if the ink will bond or run off like a water off a duck's back.
Randy Carone

tomm101

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 04:29:23 pm »

Quote from: a_krause
hey there

so i was thinking about printing on some glossy copy paper , not for good prints but rather im putting a book together and need to just figure out order and pacing, and thought this paper is cheap and has a glossy surface, so could possibly work. Has anyone ever tried this? would it harm the printer in anyway?

Or are there any relatively cheaper  glossy/luster photo papers that would work just as good?

thanks
adam

We received some HP Glossy laser accidentally on an order, since we had run out of our regular paper we tried some. The prints were very flat and lifeless, tried a couple of paper choices and profiles, still not acceptable. May work for the mock ups you need  but you loose a lot of detail.

Tom

KeithR

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 04:56:46 pm »

I would imagine that the copy paper is formulated to take a dry coating, like from toner, which I believe is a powder. Wouldn't ink, being wet, just bleed and soak the paper?
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience
Pages: [1]   Go Up