Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Canon CD on EOS Digital Workflow  (Read 3586 times)

phila

Free Canon CD on EOS Digital Workflow
« on: September 20, 2003, 03:52:57 am »

I wish I could. According to Canon Australia it only available in the US, due to copyright reasons. Anyone feel like posting me one?

Phil

Jeff Donald

• Florida Center for Creative Photography
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2003, 07:23:39 am »

My understanding is that it is not a copyright issue.  Canon is the copyright holder.  It was produced at the expense of Canon USA and to be used for promotional purposes in the US.  They produced 150,000 copies and when they are gone, they're gone.  Distribution is being done via direct mail, trade shows, conventions, dealers etc.

johnvr

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 05:42:33 pm »

Phila, if you send me your address, I'll ship you one. For some reason, I received three of these CDs.

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2003, 02:24:05 am »

I just got one in the mail, it's a little basic, has some good stuff, and a not-so-subtle endorsement of  Canon gear. I havent looked at all of it yet.

Jeff Donald

• Florida Center for Creative Photography
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2003, 02:00:04 pm »

Canon has available a free CD on Digital workflow that covers the 1Ds, 1D, 10D, EOS lenses and accessories.  You can read more about the CD and request a copy here.  I received my copy today and it has some good interviews with photographers, and plenty of helpfull hints.  It has some pretty basic information, but is mainly geared for the internmdeitate to advanced user.  It's free and took only about a week for Canon to ship it.

gwarrellow

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2003, 06:09:58 am »

A resource like this should be made to Canon users worldwide IMHO and probably included in a new camera purchase.  I would be surprised if Canon were not able to find ways around the copyright issue, whatever that may be.  It reminds me of the Epson greybalancer issue on the 2100/2200 printers.

Joe Hardesty

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2003, 11:40:45 am »

The issue of international availability was adressed by a Canon rep in another forum. The problem is that each Canon country affiliate, e.g. Canon USA, Canon Canada, etc., acts as an independent corporation. This CD was produced and paid for by Canon USA, and thus cannot legally be offered in any other country.

While it would be entirely possible for Canon or any of the other country affiliates to license the CD for distribution, that has not been done yet, and perhaps never will be.
Thanks for the memories!

gwarrellow

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2003, 06:47:56 am »

Thanks to Joe and Jeff for the clarification.
OK how about non-USA customers covering the production cost ($10?).  BTW is it actually useful?
Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up