Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One V4 naming conventions  (Read 1993 times)

billy

Capture One V4 naming conventions
« on: May 03, 2009, 06:33:57 pm »

I have posted this in 2 areas on this forum with no response, hopefully someone will answer:

when I start a new tethered session in V4 it names each capture with the session name, then a space, then the capture number. for example; visa 233.tif

isnt there a golden rule to never leave a space in a file name? aren't you supposed to use an underscore, ie: visa_233.tif

been looking thru all the preferences and cant seem to change this naming convention.

tho_mas

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 07:04:08 pm »

Quote from: billy
been looking thru all the preferences and cant seem to change this naming convention.
maybe we can follow up "bcooter's" game show "Battle Of The Medium Format Wars" here ...
- Which medium format software ships with a free copy of "A Better Finder Rename" as of January 2010?
BUZZ

arashm

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 07:43:26 pm »

Hi Billy
instead of answering your question I would like to point you to this link

https://secure.capture-u.com/

you have to register, under the register heading, you'll see there is a Free one and a paid one, sign up for a free one.
and then under "public courses" watch the 12 basic C-1V4 lessons.
look for this link "> P_002 P1 - Capture One 4 PRO: startup videos"
there are tons of great info and answers to your question there.
good luck
am

CBarrett

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 07:53:41 pm »

Hmm... this is what I do when I begin a new session:

I give the session a name following my convention... something like "090501_Client_Job"

C1 4 automatically starts putting that into the Capture Name field... I go in and erase the "Client_Job" bit so my filenames end up being like "090501_001, 002, etc"

I don't get any spaces in the name.  If you're using the Pro version and sessions it should work the same for you...  the one thing that drives me nuts is my frame number follows the back's counter.  With version C1 3 my first frame was 001 now it's like 7147 or however many shots the back has done in its life.

tho_mas

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 07:58:14 pm »

Quote from: CBarrett
I don't get any spaces in the name
the same here
Quote from: CBarrett
With version C1 3 my first frame was 001 now it's like 7147 or however many shots the back has done in its life.
change "Format" from "Name and Camera Counter" to "Name and
  • Digit Counter" (x stands for the number of digits... so "Name and 3 Digit Counter" creates file names like e.g.: cbarret001, 002 ...)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 07:59:48 pm by tho_mas »

tho_mas

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 08:09:57 pm »

Billy... finally I could reproduce your problem.
If you create a session the session name will be copied as capture name. In this case you'll get a blank space.
But if you type the capture name by yourself (just re-type the session name or whatever...) there is no blank space.

Which medium format software needs private web forums with login?
BUZZ...

edit: easier - the blank space is set by default after the last character of the session name. Just delete the blank space after the last character...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 08:29:22 pm by tho_mas »

tho_mas

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 06:53:04 am »

Quote from: arashm
there are (...) answers to your question there.
nope
Pages: [1]   Go Up