Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy 10th year!  (Read 9052 times)

Tklimek

Happy 10th year!
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2009, 12:04:49 pm »

Congrats Michael!  Thank you for having the foresight so long ago to create a site that would be engaging, educational, and just plain fun!  If it ain't fun.....it's probably not worth doing!

Hopefully you keep having fun because there are many of us who have learned A LOT from you and this site with it's many contributors.....thanks again!

Todd in Chicago

jtrujillo

• http://jtrujillo.net
Happy 10th year!
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2009, 12:08:19 pm »

Maybe Luminous Landscape is the most significant source in my learning of photography in the last years. Though new to the forums I don't remember how long since my first readings, it seems like a life. Many many worthwhile findings and learnings, nice memories, so a warm Thank you!
juan htt

John S C

Happy 10th year!
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2009, 01:36:45 pm »

Here's to the next ten years, and hopefully longer

John C

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
Happy 10th year!
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2009, 01:46:42 pm »

Thanks for providing the knowledge, location and structure to exemplify the true power of an online community.  You provide the core, and have given me valuable insight to many aspects of photography and digital processing that I will always be grateful for, but the best part about LL is that the sum is greater than the parts.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

Bas Stekelenburg

• http://
Happy 10th year!
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2009, 04:32:11 am »

Gefeliciteerd Michael! And congratulations too. I’m  a newborn, only one and a half year member, and still regretting the ignorance of the other eight and a half years. Having enjoyed your Lightroom video’s I’m sure you’ll appreciate my toast on you and your LL, with a The Macallan 21 years. Hmmmm. Cheers!

Bas

geotzo

• http://www.georgetzortzis.com
Happy 10th year!
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2009, 05:30:30 am »

All the best. Great website, great people.

DarkPenguin

Happy 10th year!
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2009, 08:48:22 am »

Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Haaappy Anniversary

Pour a cheerful toast and fill it
Happy Anniversary
But be careful you don't spill it
Happy Anniversary

Ooooo Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Haaappy Anniversary

(Fred and Wilma Talking)

Ooooo Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Haaappy Anniversary

(Fred Talking)

Happy she and happy he
They're both as happy as can be
Celebrating merrily
their happy anniversary

(Fred and Wilma Talking)

Ooooo Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Haaappy Anniversary

(Fred Talking)

Ooooo Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Haaappy Anniversary

We now state emphatically
its happy anniversary
Not another day could be
a happy anniversary

Ooooo Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy (slow)
Happy (slow)
Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy (fast) Anniversary!!!

KeithR

Happy 10th year!
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2009, 09:38:13 am »

Ten Years? It seems like it was just a short while ago that I found this site. Since that first encounter, I have come to look forward to enjoying the intelligent and civil discussions that populate this forum. Thank you Michael and Chris for your warm friendship and hope that we may all continue to enjoy the next ten years together.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

jasonrandolph

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterpunk
Happy 10th year!
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2009, 12:02:02 pm »

The amount of benefit I've received from this site is immeasurable.  I haven't been here for even half of those ten years, but I look forward to the next ten.  Congratulations Michael, and many thanks!

sposch

Happy 10th year!
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2009, 09:24:42 pm »

Happy Annibirthdary. Only 10 years? I've been visiting this site since sometime in 2001 and there have been 50 years worth of changes in the industry since then. I still remember the panorama from Monument Valley that was on the home page those days which I thought was one of the coolest photos I'd ever seen.
Around that time I purchased a Nikon Supercoolscan 4000 to scan my slides as I figured It would probably be 10 years before digital SLR's could come close to the quality of film. Called that one wrong... after playing with a G5 for a while I bought a 5D as soon as they were available, late 2005 I think and still have some film left in the freezer.

Since then thanks to all the helpful information and reviews on this site I've accumulated a nice collection of high quality 35mm SLR gear and haven't had much regret over any purchase I've made. If Michael says "Highly recommended" you can be sure it's a great piece.

Thanks for all the priceless education and information.

Steve.

cblesch

Happy 10th year!
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2009, 04:01:44 pm »

Not sure when I discovered the LL online - '02 or '03 maybe. But the first controversy I saw play out big time on the LL web site was when Michael made his claim that 12 MP full-frame digital, as executed in the first Canon 1Ds, was a match for medium format film. Sparks flew. At the time, I think I was still waiting for a 6 MP APS-C digital camera to drop into three digits in US$, my arbitrary level of affordability. (So now what am I lusting for? A JPY218,000 Fujifilm GF670 Professional folding roll film camera ... I know, defies logic!)

I've enjoyed the web site, the video journals, gallery shows at Pikto and the LL Gallery (thanks to a daughter who studied at U of Toronto, which gave me a good excuse to travel there and "just happen" to catch Michael's showings), and finally, a great printing workshop last year. It's been fun!

Carl

Kevin Gallagher

Happy 10th year!
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2009, 04:17:26 pm »

Michael, my warmest congratulations as well!! It seems like just yesterday I surfed in here and began reading your many articles and enjoying your photographic work. Being at the "LL" dinner at Ruby Foo's a few years back, meeting you, Chris Sanderson and Tom Knoll is still one of my 10 best days. Here's to you and the LL staff.

Kevin

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 04:18:26 pm by Kevin Gallagher »
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up