Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silm filters for 35mm lens?  (Read 1409 times)

Blueport

Silm filters for 35mm lens?
« on: May 02, 2009, 09:10:42 am »

Hi, I'm new in this forum as well as medium format system. Just bought the hassy H3DII-50 to upgrade my Nikon for lanscape shooting . I have been searching the forum but couldn't find the answer so have to ask. I applogize if this has been asked before.

Do I need slim uv / polarizer for 35mm lens? What about 28mm lens? I know for a lens that wide polarizer will cause unevenness in the sky but sometimes I still need to use it. The B+W filters have been my filter of choice for my 35mm dslr but the 95mm b+w polarizer is so much cheaper than the Heliopan / hasselblad / Schneider ones. Is it not as good compared to those? Also if I don't go to antarctica or the rain forest can I justify the extra cost for the edge-sealed kaeseman filters?

Thank you very much.

YC

vjbelle

Silm filters for 35mm lens?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 02:23:11 pm »

Quote from: Blueport
Hi, I'm new in this forum as well as medium format system. Just bought the hassy H3DII-50 to upgrade my Nikon for lanscape shooting . I have been searching the forum but couldn't find the answer so have to ask. I applogize if this has been asked before.

Do I need slim uv / polarizer for 35mm lens? What about 28mm lens? I know for a lens that wide polarizer will cause unevenness in the sky but sometimes I still need to use it. The B+W filters have been my filter of choice for my 35mm dslr but the 95mm b+w polarizer is so much cheaper than the Heliopan / hasselblad / Schneider ones. Is it not as good compared to those? Also if I don't go to antarctica or the rain forest can I justify the extra cost for the edge-sealed kaeseman filters?

Thank you very much.

YC
FWIW, I wouldn't put anything in front of a lens unless I absolutely had to!  No matter what the quality of the filter there will be some degradation of the image.  Lots can be accomplished on the software side.
Pages: [1]   Go Up