Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Black 'paint' inside Hasselblad 503CXi  (Read 3980 times)

sperera

Black 'paint' inside Hasselblad 503CXi
« on: May 02, 2009, 06:50:48 am »

Hi there....an 'old timer' I know has a few 500C/M bodies, lenses, loads of magazines, laods of accessories AND loads and loads of mold on many items.....a real shame.....

......yet he's got something I really want.....he has a 503CXi body with what I can only call cracks on the inside black paint....INSIDE THE CAMERA......

....the paint/metal also seems to have come up a bit as opposed to it all being on the one even layer if you follow what I mean.....

I know this is a special paint and its OBVIOUSLY to stop internal reflections when the shutter is open etc so is this 'paint' available???? or at least has anyone else used an alternative that actually does the job....some sort of matt black paint obviously.....
Stephen Perera
www.ulookfierce.com

fovis

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 07:27:25 am »

Know the problem...get the high quality mattblack paint normally found in model-railway shop, - works wonders.

But do remember to get at very small brush while you are there...

Peter//

sperera

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 08:50:44 am »

Quote from: fovis
Know the problem...get the high quality mattblack paint normally found in model-railway shop, - works wonders.

But do remember to get at very small brush while you are there...

Peter//
for anyone who knows UK products is that like the matt black little pot of paint you got for your AIRFIX model planes etc etc??? will that do too?
Stephen Perera
www.ulookfierce.com

Conner999

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 11:06:21 am »

If I read your OP right, there may be a primer underneath the paint.  Just find out what metal the inside is made of, aluminum (zinc chromate primer?), steel and ask an auto body shop or similar for a good primer for same. Just ensures that paint won't come off - primer seals to surface, paint sticks to primer. Make sure area clean and oil/lubricant free and any loose paint removed. After that I would assume any flat black metal paint would do the job.  Remember - multiple thin coats better than few thicker ones. Nice soft narrow brush.

That said, check with a camera repair shop - sometimes buying the cleaner, primer, paint, etc can cost more (as in having a boatload left over that you have no use for) than having someone touch it up for you.

Quote from: sperera
for anyone who knows UK products is that like the matt black little pot of paint you got for your AIRFIX model planes etc etc??? will that do too?

DesW

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 07:24:13 pm »

Quote from: sperera
Hi there....an 'old timer' I know has a few 500C/M bodies, lenses, loads of magazines, laods of accessories AND loads and loads of mold on many items.....a real shame.....

......yet he's got something I really want.....he has a 503CXi body with what I can only call cracks on the inside black paint....INSIDE THE CAMERA......

....the paint/metal also seems to have come up a bit as opposed to it all being on the one even layer if you follow what I mean.....

I know this is a special paint and its OBVIOUSLY to stop internal reflections when the shutter is open etc so is this 'paint' available???? or at least has anyone else used an alternative that actually does the job....some sort of matt black paint obviously.....

Hi, You could look for the original and best for this.

Good Luck,

Des

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/team201/BH6.jpg

archivue

« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 04:41:14 am by archivue »
Pages: [1]   Go Up