Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new 79/9900 firmware  (Read 1766 times)

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
new 79/9900 firmware
« on: May 01, 2009, 05:49:20 pm »

Installing 7900 drivers on a new computer today and noticed new firmware released a couple of weeks ago for the 79/9900 printers available on EpsonUSA site.  I haven't noticed this mentioned in a thread ... if it was my apologies.

Doesn't sound like much ...

Firmware version HN00904010 release notes:
8) Resolves front panel paper selections that were not stored after printer restart.
7) Ensures proper print head initialization (vibration) prior to start of print.

Curious about #7  and what vibrating the head is designed for (maybe to help with clogs?)

Mulis Pictus

• http://mulispictus.cz
new 79/9900 firmware
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 04:27:22 am »

Quote from: Wayne Fox
Installing 7900 drivers on a new computer today and noticed new firmware released a couple of weeks ago for the 79/9900 printers available on EpsonUSA site.  I haven't noticed this mentioned in a thread ... if it was my apologies.

Doesn't sound like much ...

Firmware version HN00904010 release notes:
8) Resolves front panel paper selections that were not stored after printer restart.
7) Ensures proper print head initialization (vibration) prior to start of print.

Curious about #7  and what vibrating the head is designed for (maybe to help with clogs?)
Not sure, I wonder if that can be the ultrasonic cleaning mentioned in the manual. I did not find any description of it though.

Enrico PA

new 79/9900 firmware
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 03:52:34 pm »

Quote from: Wayne Fox

Interesting...
maybe a vibration to reduce the potential pigment settling ??
Pages: [1]   Go Up