Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Experiment with Noise Ninja  (Read 1366 times)

dalethorn

Experiment with Noise Ninja
« on: May 01, 2009, 05:36:00 pm »

Here was a fun experiment.  Here are the original, a copy processed with minimal noise removal (-10 on the default sliders), a copy processed with the default noise removal plus 50% sharpening, and a copy with enough gaussian blur to approximate the amount of noise removal in the 'minimal' copy.  I used the profile for Panasonic LX3 ISO 400 provided by the software.

I'm liking what I get somewhere between the Ninja_Less and Ninja_More copies.

NN seems to work well on this type of image, but not so well on trees and foliage, which appear to blur too much no matter what I try.

These crops are 100% - no size reduction.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 08:13:13 pm »

Dale, It doesn't seem as if NN is getting the job done. Here's a single, default shot with Noiseware Pro. I think it's a little better, but you've got some CA haloes around the birds' heads that need to come out if possible. I almost think you'd have to do that in the raw originals.

[attachment=13391:Test_Orig.jpg]

I'm off in the morning for six days on the road. See ya.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

dalethorn

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 09:39:07 pm »

Quote from: RSL
Dale, It doesn't seem as if NN is getting the job done. Here's a single, default shot with Noiseware Pro. I think it's a little better, but you've got some CA haloes around the birds' heads that need to come out if possible. I almost think you'd have to do that in the raw originals.
I'm off in the morning for six days on the road. See ya.

Interesting.  Looks like Noiseware reduced the noise *and* made the image sharper.  Seems like an impossible thing to do, but there it is.  I'll have to study this more - thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up