Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this the new D80?  (Read 2411 times)

Wayne Jacobsen

Is this the new D80?
« on: February 13, 2003, 10:45:00 am »

As near as  can tell, the site says the photos were sent anonymously, and it questions if the photos are real. (I think the language is Dutch?) --Wayne

rokkitan

Is this the new D80?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2003, 03:54:31 am »

It's Norwegian (as me).  Here is a rough translation:

"An anonymous reader has sent us pictures of Canon's unannounced SLR EOS D80 which is expected to be launched at PMA or Cebit in march.  Can they be real?
We could present rumours a few weeks ago about coming cameras from Canon.  It is reasonably secure that Canon has new SLRs coming, because D60 is out of production.
The pictures have been sent in by an anonymous reader.  We have no idea who have taken the pictures, or if the pictures are manipulated.
If the pictures are not fake, there is little doubt that D80 will be a camera directed more towards the professional part of the market.  Built-in vertical grip with release and eye controlled autofocus are among the obvious details.
Do you think the pictures are fake?  Or are this real pictures of Canons next digital slr?  Speak your opinion in the forum here."

There are links to a previous article and to the discussion forum.  The previous article seemed to me to be only pure speculation taken from various rumours sirculating internet.

Theese pictures looks to me like someone have taken pictures of EOS 3 and 1d(s) and combined them.  I have little regard for akamera's publication of such wild rumours.

Rolf Kristian Snilsberg

sonnymac

Is this the new D80?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2003, 10:21:42 am »

This link is to a german site which has photos of the purported
new D80.

http://www.akam.no/nyheter/2003_02/canon_eos_d80.html

Is it real?

Bill Mcdonald

Is this the new D80?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2003, 11:46:49 am »

Well, actually the language is Norwegian, as the .no top level domain shows... Hard to tell at this low resolution, but the pics do look like fakes to me. But then, the flaws could just be aggressive JPEG compression... Time will tell.
Pages: [1]   Go Up