Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Large format scans from Imacon Photo?  (Read 2091 times)

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
Large format scans from Imacon Photo?
« on: September 13, 2002, 05:20:32 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Yes, it is.  I did this before I opted for a used drum scanner.

You need the 6x12 Flextight film holder.  Simply scan one side, then the other.  Ensure you overlap quite a bit.  Keep all settings the same for both scans.

When you have completed the scans, you need to stich them together.  you can do this in Photoshop, but a better way is to use a tool designed for this purpose, and one of the best (at flat stitching like this particularly) is PanaVue Image Assembler.

You should get near seemless results.  It is a bit of a kludge, of course.  In the long run, if you do a lot of 4x5, you might be better off with the Imacon Precision or a used drum scanner, like the Howtek D4000 or 4500.

Quentin[/font]
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato

RD

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2002, 12:31:02 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Is it possible to scan 4x5 film with an Imacon Photo by scanning in two sections? How are the results? Thanks.[/font]

Doug_Dolde

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2002, 02:39:58 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']I've compared the Epson 2450 to the Imacon Photo as well as the Imacon Photo to the Screen DT-S1030ai drum scanner here.

The Epson does pretty well with medium format and quite good with 4x5 considering its $399 price.  Not recommended for 35mm.[/font]
Pages: [1]   Go Up