Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar eXposure(tm) 6.2.0  (Read 5382 times)

Yv2

Sinar eXposure(tm) 6.2.0
« on: April 29, 2009, 11:47:29 am »

A new version of Sinar eXposure™ version 6.2.0 has been released
and is available for download from the Sinar website (www.sinarcameras.com).

The most important changes for this version are:

- A new user configurable Noise-reduction filter has been implemented.
- A "Session" tool has been implemented that allows naming a new capturing session in advance.
- The "Crop" tool has been improved and new respective features have been implemented (e.g. the color
of the frame, new scaling units can be selected,)
- A new "Zoom slider" has been implemented in the toolbox allowing either a quick zooming in an opened
image or, alternatively, to freely scale the size of the thumbnails of the Contact sheet.
- A new "Detail" widget has been introduced. This allows performing everything that can also be done in
the full image (except selecting a crop), but quicker. The processes involved are: Zooming in and out,
Moving a crop, Setting the gray balance,
- The Live image is now displayed in a separate widget and can bee moved at will.
- The incompatibility issue that existed with the drivers when a Sinarback 54 MC/M was operated with
Sinar CaptureShop™ when Sinar eXposure™ was also installed on the same computer has been resolved.
- The Graphical user interface has been given a new look and some problems occurring with the current
look have been solved.

Graham Mitchell

Sinar eXposure(tm) 6.2.0
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 11:54:45 am »

Thanks, will download now and try it.

Graham Mitchell

Sinar eXposure(tm) 6.2.0
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 12:14:46 pm »

Like the new detail window and slightly new look. The only thing that is missing for me is a highlight recovery tool.

mwsinar

Sinar eXposure(tm) 6.2.0
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 03:31:48 am »

You are welcome to send detailed feedback to exposure.feedback@sinarcameras.com. This is a direct link to R&D. Don't expect to get instant support in urgent troubles. Use the standard Sinar Support channel for this purpose. Mail to this feedback address to give a feedback on your likes and dislikes about Sinar eXposure.

Martin

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
Sinar eXposure(tm) 6.2.0
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 05:19:01 am »

Welcome to the forums Martin. What is your role at Sinar? Are you going to visit the forums often to answer questions and give advice?

Thanks for the exposure.feedback email address. I have already emailed my local rep and Hans-Peter at Sinar with a few requests after using eXposure 6.2.0 for a day already. I will compile a list and email it to the R&D address you have given us.    I won't list them all here but one thing I will mention is the new noise reduction control. Compared to CaptureShop, the noise reduction in eXposure seems too conservative for me. The noise reduction in CaptureShop is so amazingly good that 800 ISO shots from my eMotion 75LV could be smoothed out to look like the base ISO from my tests with it. It is simply the best noise control I have seen for these files. Can eXposure please have the same powerful range of noise reduction that CaptureShop has?

Ben

mwsinar

Sinar eXposure(tm) 6.2.0
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 06:31:28 am »

Quote from: bdp
Welcome to the forums Martin. What is your role at Sinar? Are you going to visit the forums often to answer questions and give advice?

Thanks for the exposure.feedback email address. I have already emailed my local rep and Hans-Peter at Sinar with a few requests after using eXposure 6.2.0 for a day already. I will compile a list and email it to the R&D address you have given us.    I won't list them all here but one thing I will mention is the new noise reduction control. Compared to CaptureShop, the noise reduction in eXposure seems too conservative for me. The noise reduction in CaptureShop is so amazingly good that 800 ISO shots from my eMotion 75LV could be smoothed out to look like the base ISO from my tests with it. It is simply the best noise control I have seen for these files. Can eXposure please have the same powerful range of noise reduction that CaptureShop has?

Ben

Thank you for your feedback, Ben. I am the Project Manager of Sinar eXposure. I took over the project management in February to control the improvements of the Version 6.2. Since then I visited this forum only occasionally as we were a bit busy. With the release of Version 6.2 I will check this forum regularly.

Concerning the noise reduction in eXposure I can tell you that in my opinion the noise reduction implementation in eXposure is even better than in CaptureShop. You can control the amount of reduction from a very subtle level up to waxing your subject. I already got your screenshot from Hans-Peter. I will contact you by email to check what went wrong.

Martin

edwinb

• http://www.image2output.com
Sinar eXposure(tm) 6.2.0
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 07:58:46 pm »

Quote from: mwsinar
Thank you for your feedback, Ben. I am the Project Manager of Sinar eXposure. I took over the project management in February to control the improvements of the Version 6.2. Since then I visited this forum only occasionally as we were a bit busy. With the release of Version 6.2 I will check this forum regularly.

Concerning the noise reduction in eXposure I can tell you that in my opinion the noise reduction implementation in eXposure is even better than in CaptureShop. You can control the amount of reduction from a very subtle level up to waxing your subject. I already got your screenshot from Hans-Peter. I will contact you by email to check what went wrong.

Martin

Welcome to the forum Martin,
Are you saying 6.2.1 is available or being worked on?
I installed the first system today and the dng format is great - well done

Edwin
Edwin Blenkinsopp
Technical Manager
image2output
m:  +44 (0) 7836 674749
e: edwin@image2output.com
w: Sinar |  Foba |Inkjet

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
Sinar eXposure(tm) 6.2.0
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 08:19:28 pm »

I can't see a mention of 6.2.1 in his post......

BJNY

Sinar eXposure(tm) 6.2.0
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 06:33:41 am »

Welcome, Martin.
I haven't downloaded the update, yet.

- I have many .sti files (some with extreme adjustments).
When will eXposure be compatible?

- Is eXposure usable with multi-shot digital backs?

Thank you,
Billy
Guillermo

PdF

Sinar eXposure(tm) 6.2.0
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 08:11:15 am »

A new version of CS 5.6.3 is also available on the Sinar's site. Nothing new for the "traditionnal" users of 54H, 44H & 43H.

When will exposure be O.K. for the 'old' platform, like promised by Sinar a long long time ago ?

We also would like to export in DNG !

PdF
PdF

museumbrich4d

Sinar eXposure(tm) 6.2.0
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 12:31:19 pm »

Is Sinar registered with Smart Crash Reporter? So that when CaptureShop or Exposure crashes on a Mac we can send a detailed report right from the OS?

http://www.unsanity.com/smartcrashreports/

I think we would all benefit from this.

Thanks!

museumbrich4d

Sinar eXposure(tm) 6.2.0
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 12:38:23 pm »

Sorry, the link for Smart Crash Reports is:

http://smartcrashreports.com/

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
Sinar eXposure(tm) 6.2.0
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 05:16:46 pm »

hey martin,
welcome. great that you lead now the eXposure team. i`d add here that it would be a great feature to allow exposure to read sti files. cant be hard to make it compatible if i see it right, isnt it?
and would give much more flexibility to transfer sti files to dngs. btw. good old brumbaer tools read .sti files as well and this allows to make .dng files out of them
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Sinar eXposure(tm) 6.2.0
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 05:31:02 pm »

Quote from: mwsinar

Welcome to the forum Martin!

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

mwsinar

Sinar eXposure(tm) 6.2.0
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 02:21:14 am »

Quote from: rainer_v
hey martin,
welcome. great that you lead now the eXposure team. i`d add here that it would be a great feature to allow exposure to read sti files. cant be hard to make it compatible if i see it right, isnt it?
and would give much more flexibility to transfer sti files to dngs. btw. good old brumbaer tools read .sti files as well and this allows to make .dng files out of them

Hallo Rainer,

when taking over STI-Files the question is, what are the expectations. Brumbear simply takes over the raw data. That is the easy part. The more laborious part is to convert all parameters, color profiles etc. to DNG. Sinars original aim was to perfectly take over all parameters. We will now switch to a more pragmatic approach and do a conversion as good as possible. Cannot tell a release date yet, though.

Martin
Pages: [1]   Go Up