Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: R2400/CS4 Printer dialog box headache on new MacPro  (Read 1304 times)

NBP

• http://
R2400/CS4 Printer dialog box headache on new MacPro
« on: April 29, 2009, 05:22:21 am »

I'm trying to print for the 1st time on my new MacPro with my old Epson R2400 with Pshop CS4.
Migrated the old mac over. Added the 2400 as a printer etc, but whenever I go to print all that appears is a print dialog box that has no access to the advanced settings ( i.e colour mangement/advanced settings etc) I was able to access before.
The only driver it seems to want/be able to use is the Gutenprint v5.1.3
I've tried re installing the original drivers etc, but no joy.

Any help, or links to threads already covering this greatly appriciated.

New dialog box:

[attachment=13322:New_Dialog.jpg]

Old one that I want back/new version of:

[attachment=13323:Old_dialog.jpg]
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 05:23:44 am by NBP »

stickpinstudio

R2400/CS4 Printer dialog box headache on new MacPro
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 10:38:55 am »

Quote from: NBP
I'm trying to print for the 1st time on my new MacPro with my old Epson R2400 with Pshop CS4.
Migrated the old mac over. Added the 2400 as a printer etc, but whenever I go to print all that appears is a print dialog box that has no access to the advanced settings ( i.e colour mangement/advanced settings etc) I was able to access before.
The only driver it seems to want/be able to use is the Gutenprint v5.1.3
I've tried re installing the original drivers etc, but no joy.

Any help, or links to threads already covering this greatly appriciated.

New dialog box:

[attachment=13322:New_Dialog.jpg]

Old one that I want back/new version of:

[attachment=13323:Old_dialog.jpg]

This is a very common problem. It has caused me headaches on many occassions. A quick search will reveal dozens of similar threads regarding compatibility between the R2400 / Mac / LR2 or CS3. The link posted below has proven to be the best fix for me. By carefully following the instructions, I have completely resolved this and many other frustrating issues. You may also want to do a google search for a program called "Gutenprint Uninstaller". It is very effective in removing the problematic Gutenprint drivers. Best of luck.

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....mp;#entry218058

Cheers,
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 12:14:29 pm by stickpinstudio »
Pages: [1]   Go Up