Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture1 3.78 and UP Sorting files problem.. help  (Read 1191 times)

Phil Indeblanc

Capture1 3.78 and UP Sorting files problem.. help
« on: April 28, 2009, 07:09:14 pm »

I need some feedback or suggestions on how to manage these files....

The capture system shoots, then that Capture folder is shared to the editing stations...

I have understood that I can move the files via the "assign move to collection "(very time consuming, limited and odd to work with:explained below). When you have the folder view open on the left, it doesn't allow you to "rightclick" on the folder you want and assign it as the Move to Folder(this would help speed the process). I have to sort 700 images to about 40 folders. There has got to be an easier way for me to move the files around.  

Capture folder is shared to the editing stations. from there they are decided as to what purpose they can serve and need to be sorted according. then edited.

if I can do it via other apps, I dont have a problem as long as I don't confuse C1.

The "Assign move to collection" may work ok for 1 or 2 folders, as you can jump back and forth a few times for each.  How is someone supposed to sort hundereds of files to 50 or so folders?

How I have been doing it....

Create/select folder
Go to the capture folder(wait to load 700 files), look over the images
Go back to the folder I want to move the selected files(5to15 files),
Go up to the Collection tab and then assign that folder as the Move to folder.
Go back to the capture folder(wait to load the 700 files)
select the few files to move,
Right click and Move to assigned folder.

Repeat above 50 times?!

Anyone have an thoughts on this?
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 01:11:17 am »

Looks like you simply move them around in Explorer, or ACDSee etc.

Im not sure why all this time I thought you couldn't do that. I have been told by a few people including my sales rep.  But they may have been referring to the C1 sw not able to move things around freely. not that other could not.  Any thoughts?

Tgrain

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 01:22:42 am »

solution A.....during your shoot set up different folders and make the respective folders your capture folder by rightclicking on that folder and select "set as capture folder".  After the shoot you just have to edit the images in your folder.

or....solution B... just click and drag your selected images/thumbnails into the desired folder.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 02:40:35 am »

Quote from: Tgrain
or....solution B... just click and drag your selected images/thumbnails into the desired folder.

HAhaha...ya...crazy thing, I was trying to be so careful of not messing with what C1 does as far as how it creates and manages the files, and after hearing how you cannot do this and that...My C1 sales guy even said that C1 wont allow you to move files like I want. I guess it was regarding C1 itself, not the files via other apps.
Its just a RAW with a TIF thumbnail...didn't realize there would be no "sidecars" or adjustment files and such.

thanks for replying...really, as I was looking here seeing 20 people viewed, and none had replied.  

Option B it is. :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up